Aerial Mapping

using ground station pro to create flight plan is easy.
import picture with photoscan pro by agisoft is also work of 2 minutes.
calculation of dense cloud from fotos takes some time.
using gcps and referencing them on the fotos takes about half an hour depending on the size of project.

M

Hi,
I recent purchased the phantom 4 pro v2.0, and my tiffen ND filters are on their way- I want to use the quad for aerial surveying, topography, I want to map some land including its elevation and model a home on it, can you please guide me thru it.
I have a note 8 and an ipad mini 4 both which I've installed dji pro 4 on it. I've realized there is no DJI GS on android so installed DJI G.S on ipad.
my question is...
should I use ground station on my ipad mini 4 to survey the land?
and perhaps Agisoft photoscan to input the pictures? will that work. once ive compiled it ill need to purchase some software that I can begin designing my home.
Is that all there is to it? am I on the right track ?
are there other apps you recommend other than Dji G.S ? ive seen drone deploy but it is too expensive - outside my budget.
Thanks,
Regards
BJ

Hi, except the flight planning software like dis gs pro or Pix4Dcapture or MapPilot etc (there are lots of flight planning apps) you will need photogrammetry software like Photoscan or Pix4D or other web based solution (there are also lots of apps out there). Be aware that if you are not using accurate ground control points you will not get survey grade results. So if you want accuracy you have to buy also a survey grade gnss receiver in order to accurately measure the ground control points.

Reactions: BillyN

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl