Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

Rivrusk said:
Here is my last test. I've used the same settings as Piranha used on his first video. I also tried the settings Piranha used on the last video but it was not successful for me.

http://youtu.be/19kO2u2dUkg

Thats pretty smooth. Most of what you are seeing now is rolling shutter from the camera on your rotations (3rd axis gimbal would smooth some of this out but not completely) and it looks like a lot of your jello would be solves by removing the fish eye in post production. I bet that would be solid video with the fish eye removed and a little stabilization in post.

The best footage you are seeing out of these small quads is from go pro shot at 2.5k, de-fished, post stabilized and color corrected while downsampling back to 1080p with the help of the zenmuse 2d or 3d gimbal.

Yours was shot in low light, with a DIY 2 access gimbal with no post.

I don't think we are going to see radically better footage until the next generation of cameras as they now seem to be the week link.

cnitschke said:
Rivrusk said:
Here is my last test. I've used the same settings as Piranha used on his first video. I also tried the settings Piranha used on the last video but it was not successful for me.

http://youtu.be/19kO2u2dUkg

Thats pretty smooth. Most of what you are seeing now is rolling shutter from the camera on your rotations (3rd axis gimbal would smooth some of this out but not completely) and it looks like a lot of your jello would be solves by removing the fish eye in post production. I bet that would be solid video with the fish eye removed and a little stabilization in post.

The best footage you are seeing out of these small quads is from go pro shot at 2.5k, de-fished, post stabilized and color corrected while downsampling back to 1080p with the help of the zenmuse 2d or 3d gimbal.

Yours was shot in low light, with a DIY 2 access gimbal with no post.

I don't think we are going to see radically better footage until the next generation of cameras as they now seem to be the week link.

Thank you for your evaluation of the video. Agree with you that to get it much better it must be edited on the PC afterwards.

bearmans said:
I messed up something in the "rc settings". I got back some control but it is sluggish. Screen shot of RC SETTINGS please.

Barry

Barry, sorry I ca not check settings now cause it is in my friends house outside city :(

Rivrusk said:
Thank you for your evaluation of the video. Agree with you that to get it much better it must be edited on the PC afterwards.
Man, your last video is really smooth!!! Good results!!

Here is my last video, little bit edited, shortened and add some basic software stab just to get ride of yaw phantom hunting!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmy4rPGQDwI[/youtube]

Very nice video Piranah!
Can ya help me out? I messed up my settings in the "RC SETTINGS" page. Can you send me a screen shot of yours so I can reset it?
Also, please send your latest basic page so I can compare it to mine.

Thanks!!

Barry

layertone said:
Got mine, installed it, but after a few seconds after liftoff, it starts to vibrate / shake. Any advise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbYifxLtB4k

Man feels like i havent been on here in forever! i came to see what everyone has been doing and how well the Cyclops has been holding out with everyone and I see your post. I have the same problem still. I haven't been able to get the vibration out. I havent really complained because i have got it down to just some small vibrations with more dampning. I just go and edit it out. But last night i did a night shot of the firery sky and the town lights were blurred. This never happened stock. Im starting to wonder if i need to adjust some gains in the Phantom itself.

It seems like the vibration is coming from the Phantom, I can hover let the vibration start and grab the landing skids and the vibration stops. Let go, and it starts again. I need to get me a balancer. Does anyone recommend a good one for our type of blades?

Piranha did you have to go in and adjust any of your gains in the Phantom? gains i mean by power and flight, not the gimbal.

Guys, if you have vibrations like this just try to decrease phantom basic gains in phantom assistant

What baffles me is if I install the original one back, it's all normal again. Will try adjusting gains, thank you

My first gimbal I had to return because of some issues. Received my second one today and the camera won't power on. If I plug the Phantom 3.5mm connector directly to the camera I have power but not when it's going through the gimbal control board. I did plug both 3.5mm connectors all the way in. Any suggestions?

This really sucks because the gimbal is working perfectly.

Just ordered mine from Helidirect. Looks like a very well made gimbal. Thanks to all for the great source of info. Will let you know what I think when it arrives. :D

harpo1 said:
My first gimbal I had to return because of some issues. Received my second one today and the camera won't power on. If I plug the Phantom 3.5mm connector directly to the camera I have power but not when it's going through the gimbal control board. I did plug both 3.5mm connectors all the way in. Any suggestions?

Man it is quite easy to check and fix I think
If gimbal works itself ok It tells that power is going from phantom to the board through the 3.5 jack plug ok, so if camera won't power one It only mean bad connection of wire going from the board, just open cf cover, there should be main board and small power distribution board, white wire is soldered to the small board in 4 points, just check that all 4 tiny wires soldered firmly to the small board

Piranha said:
harpo1 said:

Man it is quite easy to check and fix I think
If gimbal works itself ok It tells that power is going from phantom to the board through the 3.5 jack plug ok, so if camera won't power one It only mean bad connection of wire going from the board, just open cf cover, there should be main board and small power distribution board, white wire is soldered to the small board in 4 points, just check that all 4 tiny wires soldered firmly to the small board

All the wires are fine. I did a continuity check as well from the pads to the 3.5mm connector on the cable going to the camera from the gimbal control board. All four have continuity.

Edit: While I had the cover off I noticed the board has stand-offs between it and the top cover. They're secured with a screw and nut. Mine only has three but it looks like there should be a forth one. Can someone tell me if they have four of the smaller stand-off's.

harpo1 said:
All the wires are fine. I did a continuity check as well from the pads to the 3.5mm connector on the cable going to the camera from the gimbal control board. All four have continuity.

Can you check also 3.5 mm plug (is it soldered well to the small board) ?
Hm, but for me it sounds strange-if gimbal itself powers on and work OK but camera does not it only means that power does not go to the camera (after plug) so can you also check continuity from onboard 3.5mm plug soldering points to the 4 wire soldering points or to the Lshape jack connector pads on the end of white wire? (don't forget to power off all circuits)
Mine has 3 screws also so it is not a problem :)

Piranha said:
harpo1 said:

Can you check also 3.5 mm plug (is it soldered well to the small board) ?
Hm, but for me it sounds strange-if gimbal itself powers on and work OK but camera does not it only means that power does not go to the camera (after plug) so can you also check continuity from onboard 3.5mm plug soldering points to the 4 wire soldering points or to the Lshape jack connector pads on the end of white wire? (don't forget to power off all circuits)
Mine has 3 screws also so it is not a problem :)

Everything checks out fine. I don't know what it is so back it goes for a replacement. I must say QC on these gimbals isn't very good. Flux all over the place, they don't clean the carbonfiber boards after they cut them. Makes me wonder what other shortcuts they're taking.

If everything checks fine it should work 100% just once again plug the connector all the way!!! and don't forget to switch camera "on" switch

Piranha said:
If everything checks fine it should work 100% just once again plug the connector all the way!!! and don't forget to switch camera "on" switch

It's been done several times with no success. Plug the phantom 3.5mm directly into the camera and it works fine. Not sure what the problem is so it's getting returned for a replacement.

I bought 2ea myself. One had an issue and the 2nd one worked flawless from day one.

As soon as I get back from training I'm going to send the one in with issues for a replacement.

Nas,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT