Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

I just ordered at RC Depot. Can not wait to test it! Shall provide feedback on how it works for me here! ;)

Rivrusk said:
Have you managed to tweak the gimbal something more macuser13?

I have not been able to do anything with it since last night on the last flight test. I plan on getting back on it this evening when i get home. Someone said to try the gains on the phantom and others say the Power inputs on the motor, so i will try all this tonight. Everything works fine on this gimbal, just have that slight vibration to get rid of.

dave21 said:
Macuser can u say that the lower fiber controller plate is necessary?

I really dont see why you couldnt take it off. if i remember correctly there are 4 small screws and nuts holding the Alexmos board to the top frame. When i received the gimbal i did have to tightn these as they were a little loose. I assume that all that bottom piece is for is protection against the circuits. That might be for looking into. I need to take my scale with me and check that out.

I've got mine :) After some tweaking here is my video :) Still have to fine tune, but any way I am more then Happy!!!! Gimbal is great :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCOQlabHlFI[/youtube]

Piranha said:
I've got mine :) After some tweaking here is my video :) Still have to fine tune, but any way I am more then Happy!!!! Gimbal is great :)

Awesome! alot better than what i shot! lol

What setting did you wind up going with? iv been tuning the last hour and trying different methods, Im happy with mine just curious if we closely match.

Piranha said:
Wow thats the jellofree masterpiece as far as I see. Congrats.

SilentAV8R said:
Can you both tell us what your PID settings are in the gimbal software??

I will have to go back and check later but i tried a few different aproaches on it and save a couple different profiles. I believe right now im back to the stock settings that it was when it shipped to me except adjusting the roll I=.1 and power on roll to 160.

I also got stable video with putting my Gyro LPF to 3 or 4 and changing my D values higher to like high 20's or 30's and P to like 8.
I also had to lower my power using Gyro LPF down to some where in the 110 area.

AnselA said:
I have no knowledge about tuning a gimbal. Does the above mean that Cyclops is not ready to use out of the box?

As far as out of the box, yes, it was easy to assemble and put on. When i first got it, all i did was install and fly but i had a terrible vibration. I fixed that with some other damping methods. and a new set of blades. Then i had a small vibration that is noticeable every now and then that i have been trying to tune out with the software. So far i have a pretty stable gimbal.

I cant say for sure but Piranha posted that he had some tweaking and he was flying and posting a better outcome then what i got. So i dont know how much and how long it took him from start to finish.

Hopefully with more of us getting them and posting settings we can just combine and adjust what we have come up with and when you get the gimbal you install and put in setting and your ready to fly.

Piranha: I noticed that your extension cable for the camera was black. Did yours come securely attached to the board with that copper wire?
Mine was white, but the shielding around the wires had slipped out of the copper wire holding it. but i had a quick fix by just using a small zip tie.

Attachments

• DSC_2463.jpg
    DSC_2463.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 607
  • DSC_2474.jpg
    DSC_2474.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 646
AnselA said:
On http://aerialfreaks.com/product_info.ph ... cts_id=198 they tell:

"Features:

Tilt Axis Control Movement via iPhone & iPad

Includes:

(1) Tilt Controller"

I am confused:

- Is the standard DJI Vision app used? And Android app works, too?
- In un-boxing video I didn't see any "Tilt Controller". What's that?

Can somebody clarify these?

Im sure what they meant to say was tilt controller cable. Its the extension cable that attaches from the tilt cable on the phantom to the plug on the ALexmos Board.

Edit: Yes you can still use the IPhone/Ipad app to tilt the camera.

Macuser, Yes you are right, mine cable is black and it was securely fix to the board, i think that I've got one of the very first batch but i think that color of wire does not matter ;)

I also found thet you assemble your gimball little bit wrong( I mean attached aluminum base plate to carbonfiber from another side) check your manual, very first step ;)
Actually I spent not that much time setting my gimbal, maybe 20 minutes, no any additional dmpeners used
but I have some experience with Alexmos boards ;) I just reduce "I" to 0.01 on both axis, reduce power to something near 120, set gyro thrust to 70, but still need some finetuning. Unfortunatelly gimbal is now in my friends summer house out of the city

Piranha said:
Macuser, Yes you are right, mine cable is black and it was securely fix to the board, i think that I've got one of the very first batch but i think that color of wire does not matter ;)

I also found thet you assemble your gimball little bit wrong( I mean attached aluminum base plate to carbonfiber from another side) check your manual, very first step ;)
Actually I spent not that much time setting my gimbal, maybe 20 minutes, no any additional dmpeners used
but I have some experience with Alexmos boards ;) I just reduce "I" to 0.01 on both axis, reduce power to something near 120, set gyro thrust to 70, but still need some finetuning. Unfortunatelly gimbal is now in my friends summer house out of the city

Haha yeah i kinda figured the color wasnt going to make a difference. :lol:

I think its funny you mention that cuz this morning when i got to work i noticed the same thing. what caught my attention is your suppose to install the screws from the bottom side allowing for adjustment. You clearly cant do that from the top.. Honest mistake. Thanks for pointing that out and i bet that has some to do with how its performing.

Ill try those setting when i get home here in a bit. Thanks :D

macuser13 said:
Honest mistake. Thanks for pointing that out and i bet that has some to do with how its performing.
:D

Making mistakes so we don't have to lol :D All trial and error..

Thanks for the info & videos so far guys..
Aerial freaks say this will be available in the UK very soon and can't wait to try one myself.

skysteve said:
Aerial freaks say this will be available in the UK very soon and can't wait to try one myself.

Great! Did they tell which dealer?

I am not in UK, but UK is in EU ;) Makes shipping and TAX handling easier (and cheaper).

Well you guys convinced me so I just placed my order. Is there any software I need to download prior to it's arrival? This will be my first brushless gimbal.

I have noticed on a few of the videos made with the Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal there seems to be some jello shaking in the videos. Has anyone found the correction for this? I have ordered the Rotorpixel Gimbal but with all the bad vibes about getting one of these gimbals I am scared I dropped money on one that may never show up. If I would have waited a little I could have ordered the Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal and still may do so if the Rotorpixel Company doesn't get their act together and start shipping. Please comment if you are having success with the Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal. Thank you.

harpo1 said:
Well you guys convinced me so I just placed my order. Is there any software I need to download prior to it's arrival? This will be my first brushless gimbal.

There is software you can download from the basecam website used to tweak the settings in the gimbal.
http://www.basecamelectronics.com/downloads/8bit/

have noticed on a few of the videos made with the Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal there seems to be some jello shaking in the videos. Has anyone found the correction for this? I have ordered the Rotorpixel Gimbal but with all the bad vibes about getting one of these gimbals I am scared I dropped money on one that may never show up. If I would have waited a little I could have ordered the Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal and still may do so if the Rotorpixel Company doesn't get their act together and start shipping. Please comment if you are having success with the Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal. Thank you.

Piranha and I are the only ones that have videos that i know of. I also know some others have ordered theirs and awaiting for the arrival, i think like most new gimbals we got to get a few people using them and a little trial and error to get them to work like they are suppose too. Now i am getting my video more stable the more i tweak with the settings and trying different things, do i regret buying it? no. but unlike any hobby i have i like to tinker so i will. Piranha had some better luck with his and really like the way his came out on his first flight. Tonight i did some more test and ran a few runs getting closer with getting rid of that small vibration. I would like it enough that i dont have to render a stabilizer in my editing.

I could be wrong but i may have been the first one to buy this gimbal, i took a leap of faith because i didnt want to be one of the ones that had to sit around and wait for one to show up. Two, I not interested in buy a vision+ it has the same camera and specs with a system that seems to have its own issues. Plus i havent upgraded firmware because i don't want issues with that either. Iv only had my bird for a few months with out any crashes, losses, and disapointments. Id like to keep it that way. DJI is starting to get a reputation that many are not liking. So im going to stick with the basics and keep on keeping on. oh and since im ranting lol Waypoints are going to be a joke also. Plus it will require an update and well. I don't feel like crashing. I flew heli's years before i switched to the phantom. Flying is one thing i can do, crashing takes skill. HA

Sorry for making such long post, i felt like venting before i called it a night. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj