Adv cam/gimball on P3 4K

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a P3 4K with a damaged gimbal and i got a good price on a complete gimbal assembly for the P3 ADV.
Can this be fitted on my P3 4K, or will something be toast?

From what i can see on pictures the connections are the same. Is there any differences that not can be seen?
Except the fact that its different specifications on the cameras...

I've seen threads when people want to switch the other way (which makes more sense...), and other people say that it wont work. But i have not seen one single post that states why it won't work, or someone who is wanting to switch the other way.

Any input on this?

(sorry for cross post, but the 4K forum seems quite dead, and this regarding both adv and 4K!)

Hi,

I have a P3 4K with a damaged gimbal and i got a good price on a complete gimbal assembly for the P3 ADV.
Can this be fitted on my P3 4K, or will something be toast?

From what i can see on pictures the connections are the same. Is there any differences that not can be seen?
Except the fact that its different specifications on the cameras...

I've seen threads when people want to switch the other way (which makes more sense...), and other people say that it wont work. But i have not seen one single post that states why it won't work, or someone who is wanting to switch the other way.

Any input on this?

(sorry for cross post, but the 4K forum seems quite dead, and this regarding both adv and 4K!)
Only a P34K gimbal/camera can be used on a P34K. One reason is that the P34K is WiFi whereas the P3A is Lightbridge.

Check out these search results, some of which include examples of switching in the direction you mentioned.

Reactions: JoBe
Only a P34K gimbal/camera can be used on a P34K. One reason is that the P34K is WiFi whereas the P3A is Lightbridge.

Check out these search results, some of which include examples of switching in the direction you mentioned.

Thanks for your answer.

Im aware of that. but isn't the Lightbrige part inside the bird, not the gimbal? Camera records hi res to memory card, and send a low res feed through the wires up to lightbridge?

Anyway, i read somewhere that power and ground to gimbal is reversed. If thats true, i may just switch the cables?

I spoke with DJI in this matter, and they "Were not allowed to tell me", neiter deny or approve....

Last edited:
I spoke with DJI in this matter, and they "Were not allowed to tell me", neiter deny or approve....

I'd take that statement with a pinch of salt. Apart from the cross-language problem, culturally, to say "I don't know" adds up to loss of face.... Or, alternatively, that person having to potentially take a lot of time to find out the specifics on your behalf...

I don't know if what you are asking is possible but I'd go with Oso's view and say probably not. Several people who have tried the opposite way have ended up toasting wires and/or boards. You could end up in the same position.

Reactions: JoBe
I'd take that statement with a pinch of salt. Apart from the cross-language problem, culturally, to say "I don't know" adds up to loss of face.... Or, alternatively, that person having to potentially take a lot of time to find out the specifics on your behalf...

I don't know if what you are asking is possible but I'd go with Oso's view and say probably not. Several people who have tried the opposite way have ended up toasting wires and/or boards. You could end up in the same position.

Yeah, i think you are on the right track here with the "i don't know"...

Anyways, i've done some more research now, and found pinouts for the pro/advanced gimbal.

But one big question still hangs in mid air. Is the lightbridge tx inside the gimbal itself, or is it in the bird?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31