ADV 3 won't talk to my new ipad air 2

Reaction score
REALLY hope someone can tell me why my I am not able to get started with my new drone. I live in a rural part of Canada, and there is not really anyone I can turn to locally for help. (ans I hope this is the right place to ask)

Here is the detail:
New Adv 3. Powers up, all LED's green, gimbal control on controller works. Looks good so far:

New Ipad Air 2 with wifi and cellular. Cellular is NOT enabled as I have not added a SIM card. New cable that came with the ipad.
Latest OS.
Latest DJI GO.

When I run GO and choose the advanced drone, it never gets passed the connect screen. The word "camera" will not show up

It does get to the "camera" option when Standard is selected. Eventually. It has even occasionally shown the "camera" option when phantom 4 is selected.

I assumed the drone was faulty. Sent it for repair. Just got it back. No change, other than it wants the compass adjusted.

So the only things I can think of is 1) I have not set up the ipad properly.
2) the cable is bad.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Well, I guess not. I have not seen anything asking me to do this, not have I seen ANYTHING that indicates that you have to be on line to fly or even initialize the drone setup....

You need to be connected to wi-fi when you first start up your P3A...you need to log into your DJI account ( or set one up when requested) and give the P3 a name before you will be able to start the motors and fly.

I almost made this mistake too, when I first started I didn't know what to do on the app.. I finally clicked either the top left button or the top right button /icon and it brought me to a login or register screen, once I made the account it prompted me to the rest and I was good to go.. My question is once I have made the account and already have it all set up for the first time.. I no longer need to be connected to the Internet or cellular/wifi from then on correct? Unless I want to use "follow me" or something like that right? Which would mean I would need a tablet or phone with cellular so that it can locate my gps point? Just wanna make sure I have that right before I go buy an iPad that isn't cellular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost made this mistake too, when I first started I didn't know what to do on the app.. I finally clicked either the top left button or the top right button /icon and it brought me to a login or register screen, once I made the account it prompted me to the rest and I was good to go.. My question is once I have made the account and already have it all set up for the first time.. I no longer need to be connected to the Internet or cellular/wifi from then on correct? Unless I want to use "follow me" or something like that right? Which would mean I would need a tablet or phone with cellular so that it can locate my gps point? Just wanna make sure I have that right before I go buy an iPad that isn't cellular

That's correct. It's a one-time thing with DJI account login. You don't need internet connection to fly; you can cache the map prior to flying. You can use iPad Wifi just fine; the cellular iPad has built-in GPS so you can use it for Follow Me or Reset Homepoint.

Here's an overview of the DJI GO activation process:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How do you load the map? Mines just grey.. Do I need wifi to load the map at first? Or does it go off the gps on the drone.. Also it says I require a few firmware updates controller camera quad and batt.. There was an update button on the app but when I clicked it it just went red and didn't work. Why is that? And lastly my 2.7k video record is non clickable .. I'm assuming cuz I am in need of the update for this to work?

No luck. In fact, It's WORSE!!
1) I did get on line when asked for my email and password. So I could get to the forum, etc. But I still could not get it to connect.
2) I figured that my download of the GO app might not have been clean, so I deleted the software, went back to the app store, in order to download it again. Now it says that the program is not compatible with my ipad!!!

I had this problem with my iPad mini version one.. Make sure it's a version 2 it has to be at least a 2gen cuz it requires certain processors and such.. Also make sure you have ISO 8 or higher.. If it is the 2nd gen then it's prolly just the software. Go into settings general- about- and see version ISO it has on it. If it's anything under 8.0 it won't work

Thanks for all who took the time to write on this. I am convinced the problem does relate to my ipad. A new one is en route. I'll post an update when I get it installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers