Adobe premiere 15 editing

Reaction score
Just purchased this editing software for my mac pro and can't seem to edit 4k,2.7k without grainy and sticking. Watched dozens of u tube video's on this software and of course they make it seem very simple. I'm not sure if its my mac as I don't see any adjustments in premiere to download in 4k or 2.7k. Any help would be appreciated.

To get rid of all doubts, try to use freely available iMovie SW to post process your shots and see what you get.

Not sure if Premier 15 that you speak of is Premier Pro. Premier Pro has proxies to edit your high resolution videos. If it is a separate program check to see if it has the ability to generate and edit proxies.

Donald Barar

I don't believe its the pro. Premiere elements 15, I think it may be my computer as my mac pro is 5-6 years old.

Just purchased this editing software for my mac pro and can't seem to edit 4k,2.7k without grainy and sticking. Watched dozens of u tube video's on this software and of course they make it seem very simple. I'm not sure if its my mac as I don't see any adjustments in premiere to download in 4k or 2.7k. Any help would be appreciated.

If you are shooting in h265 then it does not matter if you have the latest version of any Adobe product. h265 is NOT supported at this time.

Hi Jim,

Adobe Premier Pro CC 2017 does support .mp4 h.265. It will not support .mov h.265. If you inadvertently record .mov h.265 simply change the extension to .mp4.

Donald Barar

Hi Jim,

Adobe Premier Pro CC 2017 does support .mp4 h.265. It will not support .mov h.265. If you inadvertently record .mov h.265 simply change the extension to .mp4.

Donald Barar

Donald,

I have the latest updates and it's a no go for me. I am using the .mp4 too. But I will give it yet another try... thanks.

Hi Jim,

The statement that I was responding to "H.265 is not supported in any any Adobe product". I know that H.265 .mp4 works with Premier Pro CC 2017. Premier 2015 Elements may be different.

Donald Barar

Hi Jim,

The statement that I was responding to "H.265 is not supported in any any Adobe product". I know that H.265 .mp4 works with Premier Pro CC 2017. Premier 2015 Elements may be different.

Donald Barar

Donald,

I was quoting what many state as 'fact' and when I tried to use it last week in the latest version of Premiere Pro, the videos would not play at all. I have since tinkered with the installation of various codecs and, today, it IS working - with some lag with the 4K footage.

Let me revise my blanket statement... implementation of h265 appears to be spotty and problematic at times.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94