Additional battery trays

Reaction score
Just wondered whether anyone has experience of using external battery mount plates?

I specifically want know whether the additional weight causes any issues and whether flight characteristics are impacted on?

My Phantom is now fully loaded with H3-2D, carbon props and prop guards.

I'm very pleased with it, but could really do with a few more minutes flight time - at the moment safe flight time is just over 4 minutes.

I have a dual, external battery try. The added weight will mean that you will have to go to 9x5 props (tri-blades if possible). The stock props will need to spin at nearly 100% to get off the ground.

With all due respect to some posters, I have been flying my Phantom with dual batteries, carbon fiber landing gear and a GoPro with full water tight case. All up weight is in excess of 1200 grams and it flies well on STOCK PROPS. Sink rates are higher, and because the batteries are offset from the centerline of the Phantom, it tends to exaggerate the transition from level flight to a "tilt" in the new direction when commanded. I call it for lack of a better term, it darts! Simply a small bit of practice and you don't notice any real difference. In my opinion, a significant difference in flight characteristics comes with the addition of three bladed props. Everything happens much faster. I am still getting used to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20