adding Naza LED to vision +

robinb said:
I got the module.

Just need to sort out how to do cable.

Not sure on the one above as you will still need to do a 1 to 2 split on each of the pins.

You will need to split if you want the ESC leds to remain active with the Naza V2 led. Peel 4 wires from any side, then peel 4 more with the same colors so you have two bundles of 4 with the same color. Cut the female ends off the second bundle and splice into the first bundle of 4 wires. Plug the female end into Naza V2 and you will remain with 8 male ends, plug those into your ESC leds and your Naza V2 led and bobs your uncle. FInish up with either velcro or foam tape and FLY YOUR BIRD!

Easy Peasy!!!!

HOLD YOUR HORSES EVERYONE !

With the naza 2 LED module you do NOT need split out cables, etc etc.

I received my LED module this morning and plugged it in to the naza module after unplugging the LED lead in there.
It works

BUT even better than that is the original cable just goes to the USB port.

but there is MORE !

The LED module has a USB interface on.

Guess what ?

You can plug your computer directly into the that now.

I cut a small slot in the upper lid and let the cable out that way and fixed it onto the top case.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUhvf7MXSTw[/youtube]

Attachments

• DSCF3777.JPG
    DSCF3777.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCF3778.JPG
    DSCF3778.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCF3779.JPG
    DSCF3779.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCF3781.JPG
    DSCF3781.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 349
Probably not but just showing it working, cable is long enough to put on top shell almost anywhere.

Yeah, I think people were talking about splitting it so they could use EITHER USB port, which is kind of funny. The ESC LEDs don't work off the led pin so they function just fine without splitting.

robinb said:

I received my LED module this morning and plugged it in to the naza module after unplugging the LED lead in there.
It works

but there is MORE !

Guess what ?

I cut a small slot in the upper lid and let the cable out that way and fixed it onto the top case.

So let me get this straight. The LED pin header on the Naza V2 goes to the USB port on the shell of the Phantom. So when you plug the Naza V2 LED into the LED pin header, you disable the USB port on the shell but now use the USB port on the Naza V2 LED.

I was under the impression that the LED pin header on the Naza V2 powered the ESC LEDs. I guess this is a quick fix. I might still try to retain the USB port on the shell to enable you to use either port. Or plug the USB port on the shell.

quality control said:
robinb said:

It works

but there is MORE !

Guess what ?

So let me get this straight. The LED pin header on the Naza V2 goes to the USB port on the shell of the Phantom. So when you plug the Naza V2 LED into the LED pin header, you disable the USB port on the shell but now use the USB port on the Naza V2 LED.

I was under the impression that the LED pin header on the Naza V2 powered the ESC LEDs. I guess this is a quick fix. I might still try to retain the USB port on the shell to enable you to use either port. Or plug the USB port on the shell.

Yes the pin header only goes to the shell USB.
Yes you can now use the V2 LED USB port to communicate with via your PC.
The underside LED are driven by the ESC boards.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ok

This is my mounting point for the time being, for testing.
Away from top shell and GPS but highly visible when viewing drone from above and behind.

Attachments

• DSCF3782.JPG
    DSCF3782.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 273
What is the extra weight?

M.Tigelaar said:
What is the extra weight?

Of the V2 led? I wouldn't worry about the weight.

Nice!
I have ordered one :mrgreen:

It's 12g. Whenever I get an LED module I strip off the plastic shell and heavy wiring and replace them with lightweight ones. It drops to 2g for the entire setup.

Before:
4MXTiYx.jpg

After:
K7RSNaG.jpg

Do that with several components and you buy yourself a couple of extra minutes of flight.

That's what I mean, I might solder him with the existing wiring.
I drill a hole and glue him there.
Then I put only 2 gram's to the bird :cool:

I am thinking the same thing. Drilling a small hole for the actual LED, wiring into the stock USB wiringand retaining the stock USB location on the phantom.

I hope it fits above the USB port.
Maybe I can see what the front is from a longer distense :D

Forgive my noobish questions but here goes. I have a P2 V+ - is there not a light strip of LED lights I can just purchase and easily stick in someplace on my drone? I'd like the easiest least likely to F it up version that requires me to be the least amount of knowledgeable possible without damaging/drilling/altering my drone.

Anything?

You must open the phantom, sorry.
Then you pull out 1connector (the USB) and put this one in.
Bring it outside the bird en it works, you have also the USB, only now it is on the LED.
Thats it. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 312

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl