Activating DJI Goggles with P4P

Reaction score
My DJI Goggles work perfect with my Mavic. I purchased a new P4P last week and updated the Goggles, new RC and Quad. I tried flying the P4P with the goggles last weekend and was limited in speed, distance and vertical height to beginner mode. I contacted DJI support and they provided instructions how to connect the goggles, which was not my concern. How do I remove the restriction when flying the P4P with the Goggles.

I went to DJI Assistant everything looked updated except the RC when plugged in indicates "unknown device". I can fly the P4P without any issues, except once I switch to the goggles. Any ideas what I should try next? Thanks very much for your consideration. jm

How do I remove the restriction when flying the P4P with the Goggles.
You need to start up your Phantom with your mobile device running DJI GO. Then, switch over to the DJI Goggles (without restarting your Phantom).

This process will need to be repeated each time you'd like to use your DJI Goggles without those restrictions.

Thank you...does this mean every time I swap batteries I need to connect my mobile device first? I'm hoping that as long as the RC is running during the flying session, I don't need to reconnect the iPad mini again! Much appreciated for the support.

I'm not sure why DJI made it so complicated a process compared to the Mavic, but at least that mystery is solved.

If I added a hdmi out modification keeping the mobile connected, would that change anything? I suspect not.

Thank you very much!

If I added a hdmi out modification keeping the mobile connected, would that change anything?
The following would change:
  • You will no longer be restricted when using the DJI Goggles since you'd always be running DJI GO on your mobile device while the DJI Goggles are connected to the HDMI output module
  • The DJI Goggles will function as regular display (you will not have access to the menus, flight modes, head tracking features, etc.)

You need to start up your Phantom with your mobile device running DJI GO. Then, switch over to the DJI Goggles (without restarting your Phantom).

This process will need to be repeated each time you'd like to use your DJI Goggles without those restrictions.
When you say switch over, do you mean unplug the device usb and plug in the goggles in the usb in the controller?:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guudguy39