According to DJI P3 Pro is now an antique!!

Reaction score
Crashed my Phantom 3 pro in July. Ordered new shell in July but something got screwed up and my order was cancelled. Ordered again august 6th. I get this email today please take note of the antique!!

Jared Ding
(Support)

Sep 11, 18:08 CST

Sorry Sir, you have my apology for this inconvenience,onlinestore has stopped selling the antique parts recently,could you please email to [email protected] and our technician will help you fix your drone?

Can anyone suggest where I can get a shell?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
forget the shell and repairs !! even a damaged antique aircraft has to worth more than the sum of its parts !

Lost in translation- as an adjective, depending on the Chinese characters, could simply mean the article is “gone” from the online store. Clearly that is the case.

Lol... EBAY is your friend here

Reactions: Guitarman
I couldn't get one from DJI either, they also suggested that I send it to them for the repairs.

I bought a shell on amazon and it was the old style shell for the old style motors. The old motors sat on flat plastic tabs, while the new motors sit on plastic tabs with a 'V' notch in them. Bottom line, if you have the newer style motors (2312A) then you want to make sure you get the newer style shell. I ended up purchasing another one on ebay to accommodate for my newer style (2312A) motors.
I ordered mine from midcityhobby (ebay) because he was the only one that answered my questions with knowledgeable answers.

Here is more information on the different versions of shells
New? Shell Differences

Crashed my Phantom 3 pro in July. Ordered new shell in July but something got screwed up and my order was cancelled. Ordered again august 6th. I get this email today please take note of the antique!!

Jared Ding
(Support)

Sorry Sir, you have my apology for this inconvenience,onlinestore has stopped selling the antique parts recently,could you please email to [email protected] and our technician will help you fix your drone?

Hi Tony, If you think your P3 in an antique then my Phantom 2 vision plus must be Prehistoric, and having said that I shot a great video of two dinosaurs fighting the other day. Having said that I hope all goes well with your problem and you get flying soon. Regards Ian.

Reactions: BillyN

Jared Ding
(Support)

Just last week I had my first crash with my p3p and had to decide whether to send it in for repair (if was definitely pilot error and not covered by warranty) or try to fix it myself. I found a shell on eBay (there were several available) for about $60.

Just finished the drone surgery yesterday. I was very nervous about this, but followed a 6 part YouTube 'how-to' video that guided me right through. It took several hours, but the bird is back in the air.

If you do decide to do this, make sure you have a decent set of precision tools. And take pictures as you go... for a record of your work, as well as to help remember how to put things back in the right place. Mark your screws as you remove them so you'll know where they go!

Let me know if I can help.

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic