Accessories needed (& recommended) for BP RC801 to use with Phantom 3 Pro?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a total newbie to drones & to DJI, but have a Phantom 3 Pro and Black Pearl RC801 (2015, 32 channel) on the way and am excited to learn how to use it.

Regarding the Phantom 3, I believe that I ordered enough accessories to start with.

Regarding the BP RC801 though, I don't know what I'll NEED to begin using the Phantom 3 right away, nor what would be nice to have. (I did search a bit, but only found references to using the BP with a Phantom 2...)

Can you please tell me what accessories I'll need, and what you recommend additionally?

I did buy a spare battery.

On Amazon, under "Recently bought together" for the RC801 (link & image below), they list cables, transmitters, coax adapters... but I can't tell what of that, if any, is needed for use with the Phantom 3 Pro.

Thanks a lot!

DPG

http://www.amazon.com/Flysight-moni...=1440979722&sr=8-3&keywords=black+pearl+rc801

upload_2015-8-30_17-17-32.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-30 at 5.10.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-30 at 5.10.14 PM.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 378
Hmmm, looks like I didn't load the image / screenshot correctly. It does seem to open if you click on the link in "attached files" though.

Hmm... if you have a Phantom 3 you don't need the BP monitor.. but an Android or Apple tablet instead.

The Phantom 3 works off wifi and already has the FPV downlink facility.

Any of the FPV transmitter equipment you have bought is totally unnecessary I'm afraid.. You just need a good tablet device with the latest DJI app.

Reactions: DP Green and 750r
Hi Team Yankee, thanks a lot for the quick reply.

That's very helpful.

Shoot - I guess my crash course on this topic failed to figure that bit out.

The only thing I bought apart from accessories for the Phantom 3 itself is the BP RC801 & a battery for it.

The BP is totally useless & I should return it?

Do you recommend any tablets?
Do you think an Apple iPad mini would be a good tablet to use with it?

Assuming I use a tablet - I know you said "You just need..." - do you recommend any additonal accessories beyond "need"?

Your timeliness is MUCH appreciated - I'm actually trying to get all of the things delivered by end of day Tuesday. So far, so good... Just need to sort out this part of it.

Hmm... if you have a Phantom 3 you don't need the BP monitor.. but an Android or Apple tablet instead.

The Phantom 3 works off wifi and already has the FPV downlink facility.

Any of the FPV transmitter equipment you have bought is totally unnecessary I'm afraid.. You just need a good tablet device with the latest DJI app.

I'm trying to think this through - I read the range of the Phantom 3 is 2,000 meters. How can the tablet communicate with it at that distance, simply w/ wifi? I must be missing something...

Thanks again; I just reposted on that other Forum.

I see the iPad 2 comes as "air", or "mini". Do you think the mini is too small?
I assume memory is not an issue & the 16 gb would be fine.

I'm still wondering how these things communicate from 2km?

THANKS!!!

You are better off posting your question here: Pro/Adv Discussion | DJI Phantom Forum
They have much more experience on the Phantom 3 model and which tablet to use.. the Nvidia Shield and the Ipad 2 are ones to start with.
cheap tablets can't process the video feed quick enough and the result is a delayed or jerky video feed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic