AC1.7.6/RC1.5.8, says RC inconsistent - is it DJI GO version??

Reaction score
Hey all - received a refurb after DJI service, and it was on 1.5.3. I've seen that 1.5.8 had battery voltage issues, so I flashed the bird back to 1.7.6. It's reading 1.7.60+ in DJI GO, perhaps because the batteries had been upgraded further. RC is on 1.5.8, but it's saying "RC Firmware Inconsistent" and where it shows green status on the main screen, it reads "Radio Upgrade Required."

I know that AC1.7.6 and RC1.5.8 work as I've used them before; what's causing this? Either the "+" at the end, possibly caused by battery FW version, though I'm terrified to try to roll back the FW on a battery - or maybe that I'm using the latest DJI GO app? Having trouble seeing if it's even possible to roll back the app version on iOS.

I'm trying to stay on 1.7.6 because I had been on 1.8.8 and had serious range/signal loss issues - 1.7.6 seems to be the sweet spot, so I'd rather not upgrade to latest firmware if I can avoid it!

Thanks all!

Try bumping your Tx up one, as you can still go back, I believe my pro is 1.6.0 or ( something like that ) Tx, and 1.7.6 on bird, but my app is a couple updates out, but all works still. Batteries are either current or one back, can't remember off the top of my head.

Not sure what the " + " is other than a notice of an upgrade, in other words it is telling you that an upgrade is avail from current firmware, so you can upgrade 1 or more from where you are ( if you want, but not forced )! If that makes sense?
But that is only my take on it, as I seen that before, and it went away when I went to 1.8.8

I'm not at home, but when I get there, I'll start it up, and give you accurate numbers. Hope this helps.

J Dot
:cool:

Thanks very much, JDot - so get this. When I held the upper-right in the Camera connect screen in the app, it said the RC was 1.8........even though in the regular app it claimed to be 1.5.8. Downgrading back to 1.5.8 now!! This may be just the ticket.

Well I'm dumb, I believe I misunderstood. I think it was asking me to *select* 1.8. Trying 1.6 now...

Worked!! Just flew my bird for the first time in months thanks to you!! I could have sworn 1.7.6 required RC 1.5.8...but obviously not!!

Thank you again, good sir!!!

So that was fun - the battery had partially discharged from not being charged for a few weeks, and I'd had the bird idling while I tried to figure out FW stuff...so I took her up, not *really* paying attention to the wind, and pretty soon got a "motor overloaded" warning, which was quite unusual, and shortly after a "critical voltage, autolanding", which I've *never* gotten - managed to get her back down to me in one piece. Threw in a freshly charged battery and took her back up - no voltage warnings, and threw her into ATTI - turns out I had been asking her to fly against a 30 MPH wind! That's what I get for not having a bird to fly since February - thanks again!!

Worked!! Just flew my bird for the first time in months thanks to you!! I could have sworn 1.7.6 required RC 1.5.8...but obviously not!!

Thank you again, good sir!!!
AC 1.8 was released along with RC 1.6. The AC/RC combo must either be those or later OR both be lower. If not, there will be an encryption mismatch.

Wow,
Sounds like you had your hands full, glad you made it safely! I had that happen with my p2v, except it shot straight up ( I thought fly-a-way ) but it stopped at 100' ( my limit setting ) then came back down softly. But I was freaking out for a few, for sure! I had no control, until it started back down. Whew, glad I did not loose my cool!o_O

And on the firmware, it was the only combo that worked on my pro, i know mine is pre encryption, with the model Gl800( A ) model Tx with onboard processing, helps take the load of my iPad processor.
( not sure about b, but I know c they took it away, so your device takes the load.
I'm home now, I'll check mine, and get back!

J Dot

Either way, I'm really glad you are flying again!

Ok
Oso is correct, ( & I stand corrected ).
( every time I try to type your member name, it auto corrects to ( osmo ) lol.

Here is my setup

App = 2.9.0
A/c = 1.8.80
Tx = 1.6.0

I remember now, I bought my bird used with no Tx, so I bought a used a model Tx, the firmwares did not mesh, so I was forced to upgrade to POST encryption firmware, as I had no way to revert the Tx, as it would not connect to my app, and it was already upgraded, past the firmware, where you could revert using the USB port. Now it is in the app. Which forced me to move the bird from 1.7 to 1.8 to communicate, and mesh together and work as a team, and most importantly, open the app.

So Oso,
Great call, and good eye, and memory!:)
That is awesome.

And like before, I'm just glad you got her going again, and are able to fly and enjoy your weekend, a bit more! Take care, fly safe!

Brain fart ( J Dot )

Well gents, that used to be my understanding as well - that 1.7.6 had to have 1.5.8 or before and 1.8.8 had to have 1.6 or later - however, today my 1.7.6 bird would not fly with 1.5.8, but I just flew twice with 1.6. So there it is!

Well gents, that used to be my understanding as well - that 1.7.6 had to have 1.5.8 or before and 1.8.8 had to have 1.6 or later - however, today my 1.7.6 bird would not fly with 1.5.8, but I just flew twice with 1.6. So there it is!

Nice to know.
What Tx you have?
A, b, or c, someone said they had a D, but I've not seen one?

J Dot

You said you had 1.76+, correct? As far as I know, that has always meant higher than 1.76. If you do have 1.6 on your RC and everything works, it confirms that your AC is higher than 1.76. If not, it would not be working since the encryption would not match.

Last edited:
My remote is a C.

I believe I've read that the + after firmware can indicate that the battery is at a higher firmware...but I'm not sure. I can promise the bird is at 1.7.6 and no higher as it was on 1.5 until I flashed it to 1.7.6 by putting only the 1.7.6 .bin file on the SD card and letting it flash the bird. So - I have flown 1.7.6/1.5.8 on a previous bird (pre-DJI service, when I was sent a refurb instead of my repaired aircraft) but that simply wouldn't work on this one, but it is indeed on 1.7.6/1.6 - which is weird but true!! Thanks again for the trip, J - I'd have never tried that!! And would probably have sent it back to DJI for another two months....................

it is indeed on 1.7.6/1.6 - which is weird but true!!

You are the only person I have ever heard of who has everything working with mismatched encryption between AC and RC.

Reactions: JoBe
Here's the proof - bird is 300 feet in the air over my house with "mismatched" firmwares. I can't explain but it's working great! And it wouldn't work at 1.5.8 - had to bump the RC to 1.6.

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20