About multi battery chargers...

Reaction score
Hey all, so I see a variety of multi battery chargers available and most of them appear to be from unknown brands.

My question is would there be any effect to the batteries from cheapo multi battery chargers as long as the actual plug that plugs into them and into the outlet is official DJI brand?

Thanks!

I've been using an off-brand triple battery charger for my P4P batteries for years. No problems at all with it. As always, YMMV.

I've always used the official DJI battery charging hub that holds 3 batteries at one time and uses a DJI power brick

Which takes 3.5hours for 3 batteries and can also maintain a 50% storage charge via a switch setting

Reactions: Rottweiler
My question is would there be any effect to the batteries from cheapo multi battery chargers as long as the actual plug that plugs into them and into the outlet is official DJI brand?

If the charger doesn't properly hold voltage, the battery itself will disconnect it and refuse to charge.
That eliminates some safety concerns. And as long as the voltage holds, there is no difference between official and non-official charger. Because these DJI "chargers" are not really chargers - they're power bricks. The charging circuit is inside the battery.

Reactions: ron-ep
If the charger doesn't properly hold voltage, the battery itself will disconnect it and refuse to charge.
That eliminates some safety concerns. And as long as the voltage holds, there is no difference between official and non-official charger. Because these DJI "chargers" are not really chargers - they're power bricks. The charging circuit is inside the battery.

Yeah that's what I suspected. This battery cradle doesn't actually power anything. All the power comes from the DJ charger itself that plugs directly into it.

I use 2 different multi battery chargers with no problems. Separate cords for each. Charge 3 batts and controller in less than an hour. My favorite doesn't even have a brand, just says " For Phantom 4" lol. Also have a "Dronemax" that works very well. Good luck.

Yeah that's what I suspected. This battery cradle doesn't actually power anything. All the power comes from the DJ charger itself that plugs directly into it.
[/QUOTE
I use 2 different multi battery chargers with no problems. Separate cords for each. Charge 3 batts and controller in less than an hour. My favorite doesn't even have a brand, just says " For Phantom 4" lol. Also have a "Dronemax" that works very well. Good luck.
My son was into electric race cars for a while and I'd see him burn thru an expensive LiPo battery in a few weeks due to rapid charging. I have 4 batteries with my P4P V2 and that's nearly two hours of flying time. Plenty for me. I have always been told that ALL batteries like a slow charge and will last much longer. Curious to hear what others think about quick charging their drone batteries.

Reactions: Capt KO
For singles I use the original. But same amps as my Dronemax. The no-name is faster. Got too many chargers.

I've been using this one for a couple years and absolutely love it.

1596385396791.png

D

Hey Harleydude. Thanks much for the recommendation; success by others gives a lot of confidence. However, couldn't find the charger on-line. Appreciate info where you got it. Thanks again.

I got it on eBay. I could not find any there this evening, so I looked on Amazon:

1596432231355.png

Ugh. The brand name is SunnyLife. And, as you can see, it sources 5.7 Amps. This should help your search, but it seems that maybe they are no longer available or at least unavailable at this time. Bummer.

D

They are all over amazon. I was about to click "Add to cart" before reading this thread.....this is the best place for research.
Adding to cart now!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj