A Tip for GoPro users

Reaction score
We all should know that in the unfortunate event that we loose our flying pride and joys, we should write on them somewhere our contact info and the words "REWARD", in the case that it is found by an honest person. If you fly with a GoPro your losses could be much greater... My suggestion (and personal habit) is that I create a small text file (called: REWARD.TXT) and put it on the root of the SD card with all my contact information and a plea for its return in the event it is found. Think about it, if you found a quad with an attached camera, what would you do first? Try to see whats on the camera... :cool:
If our quad has been out in the weather for some time our writing on the hull may no longer be readable.
Hope this helps and fly safe out there... :D

Interesting idea. The file doesn't create any problems? And it would need to be reinstalled after each formatting?

I ask as I do not ever connect the camera to a computer to prevent any extraneous files ending up on the memory card that might interfere with camera operation. Yes, I know probably get those files anyway when using a card reader and a computer. Just a voodoo kind of practice.

Buk said:
Interesting idea. The file doesn't create any problems? And it would need to be reinstalled after each formatting?

I ask as I do not ever connect the camera to a computer to prevent any extraneous files ending up on the memory card that might interfere with camera operation. Yes, I know probably get those files anyway when using a card reader and a computer. Just a voodoo kind of practice.

I have not had any issues with the operation of any of my cameras, (GoPro, Cannon, ect) when doing this. its a good idea not just for our flying machines but encase the loss of the camera itself.
And YES it would need to be re-installed after each formatting.

I've made a sticker with 'Reward if Found call .......' and stuck it to the top of the Phantom. Just in case..

Last week in a crash, I had my GoPro separate from my Phantom.

I now have my name and telephone number on both items in the event they separate.

I like the idea of the file on the card though. I'll do that too

Thanks

D

I have $200 reward if found + my phone number on the hull, battery and GoPro camera.

Thank God for Dymo printers!

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj