A strange thing happened at last flight.

Reaction score
Well, I was flying over a castle, filming it. The weather was excellent the Phantom 4P+ flied with no issues at all as it always do, was at 90m alt.
Suddenly in the middle of nothing when it was at 50m horizontal distance it suddenly performed a braking action and stop right it was at the moment. I've got a message "braking now". It won't go further over that point as if there was an obstacle (90m in the air)? I repeat that several times and it braked each time. Backward or lateral it flied normally. This happened several times very close to the same point as if there was a fence of the forbidden territory.
Afterwards it flied normally and it didn't repeat any more. If I flied backwards it crossed that point with no issue or at least I think so as I flied it near that point in reverse movement a few min later.
Any ideas what could that be?

Yes, you maybe right. I didn't thought about that. The sun was really low at this time of the year, but not so low as it was just the middle of the day. Anyway thank you.

Reactions: Capt KO
I’ll chime in. It’s the sun but only on my P4P. Deactivating the sensors is the only way I know how to stop it or as stated, sport mode does it for you. Great bird, my favorite, have fun

What can sport mode do about that other than increases the pitch during the flight? But you must fly faster then.
Not likely that the geo zone did that. There are no airports even small ones.
Switching sensors off is the cure for sure if this was a reason. Maybe I'll have an opportunity to test this.

Sport mode disables sensors. Yes, you can fly faster, but that is controlled by whoever is using the controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic