A sports pilot license ain't cheap!!!!

I think licensing is a positive to restrict the people who are safe a serious about what they do. Understanding airspace should be essential. But a pilots license? I want to fly a UAV. I don't want to fly a plane.

The current rules are a temporary way to allow people to fly commercially. They are designed within the limits of the current regulatory framework and this is big reason for PPL part. Remember, until the exemption process was put into full swing, we had 0 ways to fly commercially.

It's just a temporary scheme until they study, evaluate, debate, the issue and a lot of bureaucrats and politicians agree on the "real" rules - that will probably have to be passed by Congress. This sort of stuff takes a few years. Aviation is not like an Obamacare website. Once implemented, it is expected to work flawlessly from day one and be flexible enough to adjust and incorporate drone technology we can't even image right now.

Reactions: WiscoAerial
Thanks, first off, to the many members that quickly shared how to file a 333 exemption and registering my Phantom 3 with the FAA. Boy was I shocked when I started looking into getting the "Sports Pilot" license. In a previous reply someone said "Easy, 20 bucks and your done" - I would really like to know how someone got this license for 20 dollars. The requirements are exhaustive and when your done you can fly an airplane let alone a small drone - has anyone really completed the Sport Pilot's license requirements? My plan to use my Phantom 3 legally to inspect residential roofs may be more expensive than I ever anticipated. The research I have done looks like one can spend thousands of dollars stop get a Sports Pilot license. That is a lot of roof pictures!!!
you need some sort of pilot certificate (license) LTA Balloon is the cheapest.theballoonflightschool.com

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31