A short video showing the flight to 500m above the take-off point legally

I would love to spend some time with you photographing your beautiful country, with a drone and my Nikon. I always love your videos, no matter if it is just a simple flight.
If the drone went beyond sight, that would make it illegal here in the states. What I see, from videos here in the US, I think few obey that rule.

Reactions: 1EagleDave
Amazing video!

Just curious. If I understand things correctly the drone measures AGL from the take off location. So if the RTH altitude is set to 100M, and something went wrong, would the drone crash into the ground? Other option is to set the RTH at 500M, but then you would be way above the limit.

Again just curious, was visual one of site an issue?

Amazing video!

Just curious. If I understand things correctly the drone measures AGL from the take off location. So if the RTH altitude is set to 100M, and something went wrong, would the drone crash into the ground? Other option is to set the RTH at 500M, but then you would be way above the limit.

The drone would stay at that higher height and return home.

I would love to spend some time with you photographing your beautiful country, with a drone and my Nikon. I always love your videos, no matter if it is just a simple flight.
If the drone went beyond sight, that would make it illegal here in the states. What I see, from videos here in the US, I think few obey that rule.
Thanks. Yes there are places really nice to see. As a matter of fact you don't need to go further than 200km and you can see the Alps or seaside landscape or valleys like these in the video. This is an advantage of a small country.
Just before it reached the church I lost it visualy but the church was very good orientation point so no preoblem. According to regulations of our FA in Slovenia we also must fly within the sight but, yeah, sometimes not possible.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Amazing video!

I have set the RTH hight to 60m as usual. You only need to be sure that there are no obstacles between you and the drone in case RTH turns on. The other thing Rootman answered you already. As I was flying at least 50m above the church there were no obstacles higher than that.

Reactions: Dispatcher7
Thanks. Yes there are places really nice to see. As a matter of fact you don't need to go further than 200km and you can see the Alps or seaside landscape or valleys like these in the video. This is an advantage of a small country.
Just before it reached the church I lost it visualy but the church was very good orientation point so no preoblem. According to regulations of our FA in Slovenia we also must fly within the sight but, yeah, sometimes not possible.
Slovenia, would have to agree love to visit with the drone. And a suitcase of memory cards (a must), thanks for the crisp scenery this is on the bucket list now.

I tried doing something similar here in the US, but as I was "climbing" the hill, my Phantom 4 Pro stopped at 400 AGL; (from where I took off). Tried a couple of times. Now wondering if that is normal? I was flying several miles east of Mt Hood in Oregon. Had LAANC approval to fly there.

Probably you have max. altitude set to 400. I had it to 300 and during the flight, I reset it to 500.
But, as I've said, I have never updated my drone since I've got it so maybe nowadays DJI devices have an altitude limited to 400.

Reactions: Harleydude

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl