A question about using sport mode too much

Reaction score
I'm still getting use to my P4 and it's growing on me because I had a hard time justifying the extra $400 it cost me over my recently purchased P3P. I like the sport mode feature and the AC really cooks when I'm moving in full forward flight. One of my concerns is when I'm looking at the RPM telemetry on my iPad it quite often goes in to the red zone in the RPM area. I don't hold it in the red area for more than a second or two at a time because I worry about damaging the motors.

Am I worrying too much or do you guys (and gals) think caution should be exercised in this area? If so, I wonder why DJI even allows this kind of motor RPM ability if there's going to be some risk of damaging something? I have never had to worry about holding full forward throttle on either one of my P3Ps. Both past or present.

Thoughts?

Reactions: zacksomeone
I think it should be fine. I havent had any issues and I doubt you will either. I dont even have the rpm thing on my android phone and even when i hold it at full for several minutes i never have issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair