A participative open source app for DJI SDK, what do you think ?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an idea and here is a best place to see if it's a good or a bad one. There are lots of third party apps using the DJI SDK, but I can't find any open source project where anyone could add the features he wants.

So maybe it's time to make one. It will first start on Android. My idea would be to make some sort of "Magic Lantern" (it's the best open source project for Canon camera with a lot of great feature). The great thing about it is that anyone could add a module, a fonctionality, a setting and the user can choose the ones he want to use.

So here is how I think that could work
- a basic layout like in DJI GO : the camera view and all the basic information needed
- a mode selection part : that's the core of the project, there will be all the modes that people have created (either visible for beta testers or for everyone if the mode is finished). That can be a pano mode, a tracking mode, a focus mode, mapping mode, follow mode, anything you can imagine
- the settings : in parallel of the basic settings like in DJI Go, here also, anyone could add settings for exemple to add an histogram, zebras, cropmarks, ....

So what do you think about that ? For now, it's just an idea. I'm not a pro developper, I'm a graphist so we will need people willing to help.

Yannick

Hi,

I have an idea and here is a best place to see if it's a good or a bad one. There are lots of third party apps using the DJI SDK, but I can't find any open source project where anyone could add the features he wants.

So maybe it's time to make one. It will first start on Android. My idea would be to make some sort of "Magic Lantern" (it's the best open source project for Canon camera with a lot of great feature). The great thing about it is that anyone could add a module, a fonctionality, a setting and the user can choose the ones he want to use.

So here is how I think that could work
- a basic layout like in DJI GO : the camera view and all the basic information needed
- a mode selection part : that's the core of the project, there will be all the modes that people have created (either visible for beta testers or for everyone if the mode is finished). That can be a pano mode, a tracking mode, a focus mode, mapping mode, follow mode, anything you can imagine
- the settings : in parallel of the basic settings like in DJI Go, here also, anyone could add settings for exemple to add an histogram, zebras, cropmarks, ....

So what do you think about that ? For now, it's just an idea. I'm not a pro developper, I'm a graphist so we will need people willing to help.

Yannick

Sounds good. Go for it.:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20