A mission with odd results

Reaction score
My wife and I take our pittie to a local park surrounded by trees where we have quite a few other dog owners come and socialize and play with their critters. I thought it might be fun to do a video where I "swooped" in and got video of everyone playing with their dogs.
So I set up the waypoints to ascend to 120 ft and swing around to an approach then drop to 30 ft while lowering the speed to 4 mph so I could get a slow run across the field. At the end of the run I set it to climb over the tree tops. So 4 waypoints are involved for running the field - 1 to drop into the field - about a 90 ft drop over 30 feet with a speed drop from 15 mph to 4 mph at the second waypoint. Then two more waypoints at the far end which essentially reverse the first move.
Sounded simple enough but in execution it acted like that part of the mission was in straight lines with actions - in other words I got a pause at each waypoint which was not at all like the smooth "swoop" I envisioned. The rest of the mission I set waypoints to circle the park and all worked as expected - very smooth. The *only* waypoints that "malfunctioned" were where I had a steep altitude drop with speed change.
Anyone else have this happen or know a workaround?

If you planned this with Litchi Mission Hub, post a link here to the mission so we can give you a better answer.

Yes, you need to make sure it is not set as private, here is how a link would work.
Mission Hub - Litchi

Rod

First time I've shared a mission - that was a pain in the butt, it makes you save to Facebook. Doing a link simply opened up a Chrome popup window with no URL bar to get an address from.
Anyway - Here's the link

Wow that is much larger than I pictured.
Don't know about Facebook, did you have to do this your mobile device?
I don't have a FB account.

Rod

Three of your way-points don't have a curve, look at #8

Rod

Wow that is much larger than I pictured.
Don't know about Facebook, did you have to do this your mobile device?
I don't have a FB account.

Rod
Sorry - what I meant to say was the only way I could get a link was to share to FB which I did then copied the link.
Yeah it's a pretty fair sized park and I thought it would be nice to fly over a couple of new trails they've been working on.
One section is just fine tuning my feeling for curves which can get tricky when too tight.

#8 or #10, both over the field, Do no not have curves, however, since your settings are for curved turns, in theory, there should be no pause even with a 0 degree curve. Granted, I have not personally tested that.

Three of your way-points don't have a curve, look at #8

Rod
My understanding is eithe the mission has all curves or all straight lines - no mixing and matching. The exception being the first and last waypoints can't have curves since there's nothing to curve with.
Just because a curve has a radius of 0 doesn't mean it's a straight line - according to the docs anyway. The points in question are 6-10. Note that the one WP in this group with zero radius can have one set - which means it's a curved line - not straight.

#8 or #10, both over the field, Do no not have curves, however, since your settings are for curved turns, in theory, there should be no pause even with a 0 degree curve. Granted, I have not personally tested that.
That's my thoughts too - but the pause happens at the two where the height and speed changes rapidly which I think is 7 and 10.
I guess further testing is in order

My experience, no mater what you have the default set to, if the curve is zero, it will pause to change to the new heading.
If you add a way point between two, the new will be zero even if the default.is set to curved.

Changing speed? I hadn't really thought about when it would have to make the change, at the waypoint or between the way points.

The mission I shared, look at #18 and up. I slow it down so it not going full speed to zero to land. Gives me a chance to hand catch it, I have grass and gravel to land on, And my yard is not a putting green. ;)

I would like to try some speed tests, but where I live most of my missions I loose signal, and If a loose signal at 2mph, then It might not make it back, since changing of speed, you have to signal.

Rod

I was also thinking that if you had curved set on, and you had way points set to zero, the actions you set up at those waypoints will still be ignored.

If you turn on screen recording in Litchi, I bet on playback you would see your speeds at those way points. ;)

Also the flight log should show those speed changes, to mach them up with waypoints maybe kind of hard.

Rod

Hello, on Monday I created a mission and then tested it when I got home.
Mission Hub - Litchi

The first half was directly toward some cell towers that are above my buddies house that are a long ways away so I know they are the correct ones on the map, I added wp#16 just now so you could see it is a long ways and my plan. I can see this tower from my house.

Anyways.
It did the mission but I lost signal over half the mission starting about WP #5 because it went behind some tress, :rolleyes:

I have looked at the video, but I can't really tell squat. :rolleyes:

Since I lost signal, well not even going to bother to look at the log.

I guess I need to make my first way point straight above where I would stand to see the tower,

I'm really in tight area to be trying what I think should be a simple test.

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.