A good Sunshade

Reaction score
Anyone know the name of them sunshades which zip onto the ipad. I have got a mini and want a sunshade that actually fits properly. I am using one of then white ones of ebay at the moment and they don't fit great. Any pics anyone has of one that really fits well would be great.

I'd also be interested to know if there is a good fitting one for the Nvidia shield.

Anyone know the name of them sunshades which zip onto the ipad. I have got a mini and want a sunshade that actually fits properly. I am using one of then white ones of ebay at the moment and they don't fit great. Any pics anyone has of one that really fits well would be great.

I am using the HoodiVision PatHat Air (magnetic version) for my iPad Air which is good.

It is light and folds neatly into a compact form when not in use.

They have one for iPad mini too.

http://www.hoodivision.com/#!for-ipad-mini-123/cc39

That is the one i am wanting, thanks very much for that. UK flyer the one for the mini fits the shield to.

I to was very interested in the Hoodivision shade, I actually got close to ordering it until I read the disclaimer on their website about most orders to the UK going straight to customs and then not notifying customers. I then did a bit of digging and found that on top of the cost of the shade + shipping (if you ever get it) you are likely to get charged VAT and a handling charge., This would bring the total for the shade to approximately £42.

One option I thought might be viable is if any of our american friends would be willing to buy one and then post it to the UK showing the value as under $15. when Data posted the ND filters I had them within a week and no charges. Obviously I would pay up front via paypal.

There is all ways a risk of import charges with anything. You get away with it most of the time on cheaper items. It's not the price that put me of tho, it's the fact they don't have any in stock. Gutted

Yea I wanted the grey one but like you I want something decent that actually fits, so I think I'm just going to order the blue one.

I also got one for ipad air, but I'm scared by customs burocrats here ... I hope to be lucky and to receive the hood this summer !

Last edited:
Yea i have just ordered one and paid for the express delivery 3 to 7 days so be interesting to see when it gets here. Cant wait a month summer is fast running out here in the uk and we are not having many days to fly at the moment. 45mph winds today and 35 mph Sunday. I think i have only had 1 flight so far with the P3 with winds less than 20.

@leekiya We are at the opposite this days ... we have 0 wind and 35°C .. very hot and IMU of my P3A has become quite crazy (while P3P no issue bohhh)...

Yea i have just ordered one and paid for the express delivery 3 to 7 days so be interesting to see when it gets here. Cant wait a month summer is fast running out here in the uk and we are not having many days to fly at the moment. 45mph winds today and 35 mph Sunday. I think i have only had 1 flight so far with the P3 with winds less than 20.
I just read the write up on their web site. Seems impressive. Does the magnetic version attach to back or front of iPad? I'm debating magnetic due to risk of impacting compass during storage in my bag.

Do you think it will hold up in windy conditions? Seems they recommend the hook and loop version for motion type activities or windy conditions.

From the back, they say this about the magnet tho.

UAVs are sensitive to magnetic fields, however the iPad has built in magnets for smart covers that are stronger than the magnets in the PadHat that do not interfere with the Inspire 1 compass. We have sold 100s to Inspire 1 pilots without one documented case of magnetic interference during operation.

I just read the write up on their web site. Seems impressive. Does the magnetic version attach to back or front of iPad? I'm debating magnetic due to risk of impacting compass during storage in my bag.

Do you think it will hold up in windy conditions? Seems they recommend the hook and loop version for motion type activities or windy conditions.

Ok got mine and installed it let me say the ipad air version is just ok, not great
Due to its size the sides bow out and this drops the top down to where you have to almost have it laying flat on the controller to see under it therefor it makes you lay the antennas down a few notches.
Also you will have to use the hook and loop on ipad front screen to keep sides attached in any wind as the sticky stuff just lets go. its kind of annoying having the little Velcro squares on the ipad when not in use for p3
The magnetic holder on edge works good but really not a issue as it goes into the clamp anyway
I tried adding a small piece of wire into the sides to help hold up but this has had little effect
I think for our purpose if the sides had a hard insert in them it would work perfect but would limit the fold up to just in half (this would be ok as would still fit in most cases)

Attachments

• IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 392
  • IMG_1395.JPG
    IMG_1395.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 365
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 339
i was hoping the side bits would stick with out velcro really, i will see how the mini version goes and just ebay it if its no good. Only other one i like the look of is the plastic one that the ipad mini slides into which looks fantastic, but a little expensive at 79 dollars and they are out of stock at the moment. Looks like i might end up ordering one if this ends up not working great. I will see how it goes and let everyone know when i get it.

@skyhighdiver Thank you for info and photos. I bought Ipad Air version too. May be I will get my mother to sew something for reinforcing borders ...

Bought this one on ebay for my cheap chinese tablet http://www.ebay.com/itm/311363082096
Fits like a champ. Little on the heavy side, but well designed.

I had that one as well but found it not to be deep enough to block the light
they now have the same thing only deeper I have on order

http://www.ebay.com/itm/26180844288...49&var=560671871528&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I also have this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U7F5O8G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

but found it to wide for ipad air and would not fold down enough to fit in my tradecraft case hoping the linked one above will be the best of both worlds :rolleyes:

skyhighdiver have you seen this one or know of anyone with one that has commented on it, they do one for the air all so, expensive tho but if it works.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31