A good Sunshade

skyhighdiver have you seen this one or know of anyone with one that has commented on it, they do one for the air all so, expensive tho but if it works.

No I CANT SAY IVE NEEN OR HEARD OF THAT ONE Plus I have Ipad air not air2 yet
I really like the concept !:cool: A little worried on 2 fronts though Weight and size
This made of plastic and sized for ipad air might be pretty heavy and we are relying on one screw to hold it up
also not sure it would fit in the clamp as I have to wedge the ipad air in the clamp with a cloth cover and only on 1 side as bottoms of all others ive tried don't go into clamp:eek:

Yea i like the look of the way the ipad slides down into it, looks like it fits perfect for the mini but dont know what it would be like for the Air, it does look a little bulky and a bit of messing about but over all i like the look ot how it may actually fit and work. I will see how i go with my hoodi one and go from there. just want one that fits properly.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Made this with my 3D scissors and cardboard... I was careful to make sure the back cross section didn't sit over the foam of the device holder so not to raise the iPad at all. It even folds away - I should patent it :p
hoodie3.jpg
and the best advice I can give if you get a lanyard is to fit a metal clip around the bottom of the holder (like in the picture) and attach the lanyard to that. It makes the TX completely balanced.
clip1.jpg

Attachments

• clip2.jpg
    clip2.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 290
  • hoodie4.jpg
    hoodie4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: skyhighdiver
That clip probably works on the metal inspire holder...wouldn't try it on the plastic P3 holder

Well that's not bad, only ordered it today sat lunch time and i have just had a email from them saying its been shipped with UPS tracking. Didn't think they would ship until Monday. :)

That clip probably works on the metal inspire holder...wouldn't try it on the plastic P3 holder
Not necessarily so - I used the ring on the plastic one before I got the metal Inspire 1 device holder and it was fine! That plastic is very tough especially the area where you put the ring... I used a chunky keyring "circle" and it works a treat.

Last edited:
Made this with my 3D scissors and cardboard... I was careful to make sure the back cross section didn't sit over the foam of the device holder so not to raise the iPad at all. It even folds away - I should patent it :p
View attachment 21230
and the best advice I can give if you get a lanyard is to fit a metal clip around the bottom of the holder (like in the picture) and attach the lanyard to that. It makes the TX completely balanced.
View attachment 21231

Nice design. I have a sheet of mounting board which is sticky on one side, we use it at work for presentations and I just "borrowed" a sheet.......;)

I might have a bash at something similar.

Hoodivision sunshade just arrived now with no import charges, ordered sat afternoon from woodland hills near LA, USA and got to me in the UK Lancs, Wednesday morning. Now that's fast delivery.

Hoodivision sunshade just arrived now with no import charges, ordered sat afternoon from woodland hills near LA, USA and got to me in the UK Lancs, Wednesday morning. Now that's fast delivery.

Nice one, I might just order one and take the risk. I'm interested to know what your thoughts are on how secure it is as I have read varied reviews, I wouldn't have an issue using Velcro as I use a plastic back on my iPad, in fact just your overal impression would be great, are you using the iPad mini?

I will let you know when i finish work and have a fly with it. I would not worry about import tav, they only put the value on the paper 12 dollars 99. first thing noted it seems to be at a much better angle for viewing, but i will know more when out in the field. Might even have a cheeky fly before i finish work today to try it out.

I will let you know when i finish work and have a fly with it. I would not worry about import tav, they only put the value on the paper 12 dollars 99. first thing noted it seems to be at a much better angle for viewing, but i will know more when out in the field. Might even have a cheeky fly before i finish work today to try it out.
I'm in the uk and interested in buying one if it turns out to be any good. I take it this would also fit the shield? Have you s link i can order from please?

Its the one called hybrid mini that fits the shield, if you go on there website and click uav at the top it explains about them. i will send a link later and report what there like.

Yea they have the blue one for the mini tho, i wanted the grey one as well but had to get the blue. I will be testing it soon when i finish work.

What sunshades, if any, have you guys found that works well with the Nvidia Shield? I have tried to modify an iPad mini one to fit mine, but I am less than satisfied with the results. It works, but it's only hanging on by a prayer.

Yea they have the blue one for the mini tho, i wanted the grey one as well but had to get the blue. I will be testing it soon when i finish work.

If you come back with a promising review/comments then I am going to order the blue one...... did you pay $15 carriage or did you upgrade?

Hi all just tested it now. Very pleased with it and can confirm its the best i have tested yet and will be sticking with this one. The bar in it to stick to the magnet in the ipad is not as strong as a bar in a original ipad cover, but it does stick to it no problem and fits in the TX holder perfect and doesn't come of or prevent the ipad from fitting into the holder in any way . The little mini tabs stayed on no problem with out the need for using the velcro on the back of the ipad. The viewing angle is completely different to other shades i have used, it comes round a lot more so you view the screen holding the TX more level, which means you get no reflection of yourself either, and think this is why it works so well. I have not had any good results with cheaper ones of ebay even in low light, but i tested this in full sun and it worked great. Over all very pleased and highly recommended for the ipad mini.

I paid for the express delivery as i am in the UK and couldn't wait a month summer could be over then. It cost £42 all in with delivery, i ordered sat afternoon and got it this morning (Wednesday)

For Nvidia shield users, i think you need the hybrid mini cover which uses velcro which would need to be put to the back of the table, but i would sooner have velcro on (which they give you and is very thin unlike other velcro )and see the screen than not. Check the uav bit on there website as it states on there the best one to use for the nvidia shield i think.

Agree with review above. The Hoodivision PadHat is da bomb! I use the velcro on bottom because the wind here is always blowing at a pretty good clip. Overall, it's made viewing the screen in bright sun a LOT easier!

Reactions: HoodiVision

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl