A floating Vision

Reaction score
My worst fear is losing power over water and watching my P2V go under water. While at the gym in the pool, I noticed that there are these Styrofoam worms that the older ladies put between their legs to float from one end of the pool to the other (so many jokes here) . They are hollow in the center. I'm thinking I could cut a 4 inch length X 2. Then slit it lengthwise and attach it to the legs of my P2V. Now, if I lost power or something else bad, when my P2V hits the water, at least it won't sink to the bottom. I realize chances are it won't land upright, or maybe it will, but I will still have my bird.

yeah someone has already done this.. search the forums. also someone posted something about a little contraption you can attach to the skids that is used for fishing pole recovery... its small and when it get in water it pops up and floats and you can get it and real the bird in with the 150 feet of string attached.

Hovtech said:
My worst fear is losing power over water and watching my P2V go under water. While at the gym in the pool, I noticed that there are these Styrofoam worms that the older ladies put between their legs to float from one end of the pool to the other (so many jokes here) . They are hollow in the center. I'm thinking I could cut a 4 inch length X 2. Then slit it lengthwise and attach it to the legs of my P2V. Now, if I lost power or something else bad, when my P2V hits the water, at least it won't sink to the bottom. I realize chances are it won't land upright, or maybe it will, but I will still have my bird.

They're called Pool Noodles, Walmart sells them as well as other places. Its an already established mod for landing on water.
Unfortunately, if you loose power and crash in water, there is no guarantee that your Vision would land rightside up, 50% chance in a freefall situation. This mod would merely prevent your quad from sinking like a rock.

There is also this avenue "Getterback" Pole retrieval system ... another mod in another Thread.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4yDcOgcqzs[/youtube]

RCRookie said:
Hovtech said:

They're called Pool Noodles, Walmart sells them as well as other places. Its an already established mod for landing on water.
Unfortunately, if you loose power and crash in water, there is no guarantee that your Vision would land rightside up, 50% chance in a freefall situation. This mod would merely prevent your quad from sinking like a rock.

There is also this avenue "Getterback" Pole retrieval system ... another mod in another Thread.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4yDcOgcqzs[/youtube]

Thanks for the info. I agree it's a 50-50 landing right scenario, but it's better than it going under in 20-100 feet of water. I'd only use it for over water shots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic