9455S Low Noise Propeller Props from Banggood - are they OEM?

Reaction score
As props for my P4A are getting hard to find, I thought I'd try out the low noise props for the P4P from Banggood, at $14 for two pair it was a pretty good deal.

It said on the site they were DJI branded props, but I'd like to find out if it was actually the case. I just got my P4A back from DJI, I used my DJI Care refresh just before it ran out, as I had a bad crash that bent the landing gear over. They sent a brand new set of props so I was doing some test flights around my yard yesterday.

I decided to try the low noise props, brought the bird in and switched them out. The silver ringed ones went on okay, but I noticed when I put on the black ringed ones they did not lock into place right away. I always double check the props after putting them on and try and reverse turn them (without pushing down) and the black ones came off. I locked them into place again with a little more force than I usually use and they locked in ok so I could not reverse them without pushing down first. .

I find it a little unnerving that these did this, and I don't want to fly with non OEM props. The props also came 4 to a bag, and not two per box like DJI props usually do, which I also found a bit odd. I have my doubts that these are true OEM props.

As for flying, they seemed fine, are definitely quieter, and I didn't really find the handling that mushy compared to standard props, the way some people say it is. However when I land, for a couple of seconds they are making a funny whistling noise as they are slowing down, then the noise stops. They definitely seem to be oscillating enough on slow down that they cause this noise, so I thought I'd check here on the Pro board and see if this is normal.

• Wow
Reactions: CPO Coastie
In the questions asked below you will find this.
1580757046114.png

Reactions: BigAl07
As props for my P4A are getting hard to find, I thought I'd try out the low noise props for the P4P from Banggood, at $14 for two pair it was a pretty good deal.

My only question is where did you come up with "hard to find"? I was looking for P4 props Friday night and found them on several websites in stock. I click BUY on some from Amazon on Sat morning and they are "out for delivery" right now. Maybe because you're in Canada they are more difficult to find?

My only question is where did you come up with "hard to find"? I was looking for P4 props Friday night and found them on several websites in stock. I click BUY on some from Amazon on Sat morning and they are "out for delivery" right now. Maybe because you're in Canada they are more difficult to find?

Last time I looked on Canadian site it was pretty well all 3rd party props (for the 9450), the only ones I could find that said they were DJI branded props were going for $54 for 4 of them.

I've been picking up extra ones from Staples outlets when I can, but since they seem to be dropping the DJI products from Canadian stores they are all pretty well ran out now too.

Reactions: Harleydude
My experience with the V2 props on a non V2 aircraft wasn’t satisfactory.
I believe I’ve seen others with a similar concern.
The flight characteristics with V2 props on a V1 series phantom does make for some weirdness in my opinion.

Reactions: dronesky
The flight characteristics with V2 props on a V1 series phantom does make for some weirdness in my opinion.
The v2 props were designed for the v2 ESCs. That is why the v1 doesn't show any improvements.

The documentation with the props states (paraphrasing) "You will not see the same level of performance increase with non V2 aircraft".

Reactions: dronesky
IMO if you are going to buy props for your Dji drone then they should be original Dji props. I have had issues with aftermarket twist on props not mounting properly and coming off during takeoff. What I did was remove the original twist on mounts and purchased new screw on mounts. This allowed me to purchase all kinds of props from carbon fiber to the low noise plastic props. Just stay away from the cheep imports.

IMO if you are going to buy props for your Dji drone then they should be original Dji props. I have had issues with aftermarket twist on props not mounting properly and coming off during takeoff. What I did was remove the original twist on mounts and purchased new screw on mounts. This allowed me to purchase all kinds of props from carbon fiber to the low noise plastic props. Just stay away from the cheep imports.

Very true!!

These are "Single Failure Points" (but FOUR of them) so why risk the whole aircraft to save a few $$.

Reactions: dirkclod
There is a logo of DJI white and very small, hard to notice two cm from the center of the prop.

About low noise props for P4P V2 I think that this is only for better selling V2 on the market. I have them on P4P+ and no issues at all.
Not very much quieter but better noise. I beleive the same is at V2 series.

Its for sure the props as I had the same mushy unstableness and a wind almost had me upside down. Switched back to old props and I really noticed how good it flew.

Reactions: Starz

It said on the site they were DJI branded props, but I'd like to find out if it was actually the case. I just got my P4A back from DJI, I used my DJI Care refresh just before it ran out, as I had a bad crash that bent the landing gear over. They sent a brand new set of props so I was doing some test flights around my yard yesterday.

I decided to try the low noise props, brought the bird in and switched them out. The silver ringed ones went on okay, but I noticed when I put on the black ringed ones they did not lock into place right away. I always double check the props after putting them on and try and reverse turn them (without pushing down) and the black ones came off. I locked them into place again with a little more force than I usually use and they locked in ok so I could not reverse them without pushing down first. .

I find it a little unnerving that these did this, and I don't want to fly with non OEM props. The props also came 4 to a bag, and not two per box like DJI props usually do, which I also found a bit odd. I have my doubts that these are true OEM props.

As for flying, they seemed fine, are definitely quieter, and I didn't really find the handling that mushy compared to standard props, the way some people say it is. However when I land, for a couple of seconds they are making a funny whistling noise as they are slowing down, then the noise stops. They definitely seem to be oscillating enough on slow down that they cause this noise, so I thought I'd check here on the Pro board and see if this is normal.

1 video is worth a gazillion words...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

D

Reactions: doug_las

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.