4K TVs and recording issues

I have two 60" Samsung Smart TV's and I swear by them. One is a 4K the other is 1080p and my P4P+ images are absolutely top drawer on either TV. Of course I use the 4K for all my videos and it's just fabulous.

Bud
So what method do you play your 4K footage through your tv? Card reader? What model and how big are your TV's?

Sorry, had a hard time getting my wheelchair around back of the TV.

The model # is: UN60KU6290F and it's a 60" Smart Samsung TV.

Bud
ps
I bought them both at a Costco warehouse.

My TV's are both 60" but I'd have to go find the manual for the model. Hang on a sec or two.

Bud

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Yes, I don't have any issues at all. The video plays really well on the 4K but not so well on the 1080p. I have to stay at 1080p but it's also a terrific picture. Another nice thing I do with the 4K TV is make DVD's with my videos on them and I play them back through a Samsung 4K DVD Player. The picture quality is just incredible. Finny too because if I play a regular DVD through the 4K DVD Player it upscales it to nearly 3K. 2.7 I think.

Anyway, off topic, sorry about that.

Bud

Is it playing back totally smoothly without any skipping or jitter?

Yes, I don't have any issues at all. The video plays really well on the 4K but not so well on the 1080p. I have to stay at 1080p but it's also a terrific picture. Another nice thing I do with the 4K TV is make DVD's with my videos on them and I play them back through a Samsung 4K DVD Player. The picture quality is just incredible. Finny too because if I play a regular DVD through the 4K DVD Player it upscales it to nearly 3K. 2.7 I think.

Anyway, off topic, sorry about that.

Bud
So your saying you have to keep it at 1080p and not playback at 4k? I didn't quite understand. Sounds like you contradicted yourself there. Does it playback 4k footage @ 4k smoothly?

Sorry if I confused you. On the 1080pTV it's best if I play only 1080p video from the Phantom. Anything higher than that it doesn't recognize.

The 4K Samsung has no trouble at all with any of the 4K video I play on it.

I hope that un-confuses things.

Bud

So your saying you have to keep it at 1080p and not playback at 4k? I didn't quite understand. Sounds like you contradicted yourself there. Does it playback 4k footage @ 4k smoothly?

Reactions: KevMo Photog
GET the Samsung 8000 series picture is amazing .and once that tv is connect to your home network u can cast your drone video files straight to the tv.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you're trying to watch video on a Micro SD Card, all you need is a Micro SD to a USB Adapter and plug it into the high speed USB port of your Smart TV. That's all I do and it will come up on the menu of "Source" Options. Just select USB and away you go.

Bud

Do you need a card reader to view through the TV or can you stream directly from P4? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My nearly 3 year old Sony 4K TV plays my 4K videos from USB thumb drive, USB SSD drives and USB HD's. It also plays H.265, albeit a bit stuttery...

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT