4K playback issues

Reaction score
Hi all,
Newbie Drone owner here. Got myself an amazing Phantom 3 Professional[emoji122][emoji122]

Shot my first flight in 4K. When I load it onto my laptop or my iMac the videos don't playback very well at all[emoji30]

I presume my laptop or iMac isn't upto the task?

Here's the spec of my iMac:
59c852731a77280dd77a8e607d542c0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You are correct. l have to record at 2.7 myself

Thanks thought as much. Bit of a shame but I can deal with having 2.7k vids. As long as my iMacs upto the task of playing 2.7k vids??

I used MacX Video Converter to convert them to 1080p

It can do 2.7 it may drop a frame or two. I have a 2010 and a pro shooting 4K. Thank god for final cut and proxy media haha. There is a free one from black magic that does proxy too. So you can edit in 1080 and share you YouTube or disk in 4K then when you get a 4K tv or newer mac then you have it ready already.

Yeah, your iMac is now old enough that it's on the vintage/obsolete list, not to mention unable to run macOS Sierra.

Right now Apple is in kind of a weird place with updates due to delays from Intel so there will probably not be another iMac update until this spring when chips from the Kaby Lake family become more widely available. That being said, even the current models are going to be significant upgrades from your current system.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20