4k or not-4k, that is the question.

Reaction score
So, besides the fact that 4k is better qual.ity and the charger is faster, any other advantages to going 4k? I ordered an Advanced, but keep going over it in my mind, debating whether I should cancel and order the Professional.

Advantages:
1. Better quality video
2. More future proof

Disadvantages:
1. An extra $259

Can anyone add anything to my list?

The real question is the replacement cost of the 4k vs the 1080p.
Lets say the replacement cost of the 4k is $700 and the 1080p is $600 - where is the value..
Now lets say, you happen to damage the 4k and they tell you the 1080p is $400 cheaper...

I also wonder if the 1080p is a firmware gimped version of the 4k?
I also wonder if the 1080p is swappable to the 4k and vice versa.
Only time will tell.

Or have we stepped into iPhone territory and everything is as sold and the user has no say???

And what about that backpack rumor that the professional comes with a backpack? See video and comments on YouTube just below:

Last edited:
The real question is the replacement cost of the 4k vs the 1080p.
Lets say the replacement cost of the 4k is $700 and the 1080p is $600 - where is the value..
Now lets say, you happen to damage the 4k and they tell you the 1080p is $400 cheaper...

I also wonder if the 1080p is a firmware gimped version of the 4k?
I also wonder if the 1080p is swappable to the 4k and vice versa.
Only time will tell.

Or have we stepped into iPhone territory and everything is as sold and the user has no say???
It's hardware gimped, and not swappable.

And what about that backpack rumor that the professional comes with a backpack? See video and comments on YouTube just below:
It does not come with a backpack, but the backpack will be available for purchase.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues