4000 mAh from UK

There is a thread with some info on this titled "alternative battery".. fair bit of info in there regarding these. It's been on page one of the fc40 forum for a few days now. Hope you can find what you're looking for there.

Cheers deltamike!
I should pay more attention to who's saying what around here - lol.

I have these batteries on order and can't wait to receive them.

Right now I haven't changed any of the voltage settings, and I fly totally stock fc40. I'm only getting approx 8 min per flight (at best) on the stock battery. Really hoping the 4000mAh give me a few min more.

mikey said:
Cheers deltamike!

Right now I haven't changed any of the voltage settings, and I fly totally stock fc40. I'm only getting approx 8 min per flight (at best) on the stock battery. Really hoping the 4000mAh give me a few min more.

Hi Mikey. Rain stopped play. Damm.

The 4000Mah battery is slightly longer and is going to be a ***** to cram in. I reckon we are going to HAVE to take the leads outside of the aircraft.

Pete

Mines been on order about a week now so should be here very soon. I'm starting to see a case for a reshell into a P2 so as to cram it in neatly.....

mikey said:
Cheers deltamike!

Mikey,

Are you going to try changing the 1st and 2nd voltages BEFORE you test the 4000 mAh battery?

Regards

Pete

lostkiwi said:
Mines been on order about a week now so should be here very soon. I'm starting to see a case for a reshell into a P2 so as to cram it in neatly.....

There's an idea but I rather like the idea of having the leads outside even with a re-shell. It would make things a lot easier. Good thinking Kiwi.

Pete

deltamike said:
Cheers Mikey,

Read and digested.

The following flights are in similar weather conditions. Hovering only in ATTI mode (Right Hand switch 1 in middle position) – no payload.

Batteries used :- Turnigy 2.2 - 3 cell - 20-30C discharge. Battery weight 180 grams. Core UAC-50 charger.

9 Aug 14.
Naza voltages set to :-
1st. level warning at 10.8v.
2nd. level warning set at 10.6v.

1st. 2200 Battery. 12.63v. Duration 6m. 20s.
2nd. 2200 Battery. 12.64v. Duration 5m. 32s.
3rd. 2200 Battery. 12.59v. Duration 6m. 52s.

13 Aug 14
1st. level warning at 10.70v.
2nd. level warning set at 10.50v.

1st. 2200 Battery. 12.60v. Duration 8m. 17s.
2nd. 2200 Battery. 12.64v. Duration 9m. 3s.
3rd. 2200 Battery. 12.70v. Duration 9m. 7s.

13 Aug 14
1st. level warning at 10.65v.
2nd. level warning set at 10.45v.

1st. 2200 Battery. 12.71v. Duration 10m. 1s.
2nd. 2200 Battery. 12.74v. Duration 10m. 5s.
3rd. 2200 Battery. 12.73v. Duration 9m. 26s.

I have just read a post where a pilot has set the 1st level warning to 10.3 volts – and that’s with a payload. I wonder ????

Thanks for this post. There is so much different info about setting voltages to squeeze every bit of flight time snd I'm still unsure what to set mine at.
Ill keep an eye on this thread.

deltamike said:
Mikey,

Are you going to try changing the 1st and 2nd voltages BEFORE you test the 4000 Mah battery?

Regards

Pete

I suspect I will end up changing them down the road, for now I'm just going to leave them and see what my flight time is like.

Yo Mikey,

Just received the battery - as yet - unpacked and I will add to the linked posting when I have tested and trialed it. Meanwhile wife has jobs for me to do. No peace for the wicked,

Regards

Pete

deltamike said:
Yo Mikey,

Just received the battery - as yet - unpacked and I will add to the linked posting when I have tested and trialed it. Meanwhile wife has jobs for me to do. No peace for the wicked,

Regards

Pete

Awesome.

I should be receiving mine soon. Can't wait, even though I haven't had the time to fly my phantom for well over a week.. been to busy at work. I have tomorrow off and might do some flight tests..

just ordered 2 myself..

How is the flytime? I have gone from 11 minutes Down to 9 With mine.. original battery..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31