4000 mAh from UK

deltamike said:
I doubt it - I am 71. :lol:

Don't shoot the messenger here - I am only saying what the engineers said and knowing them both I believe them.

Did you look at

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15368&p=143562&hilit=design+flaw#p143562

Having said that - your modifications report I will hand over to the engineers and see what they say.

It was a shame you did not point out this and let us assume that you had done no modifications.

Regards

Pete

Not much chance of that.

As for other mods, you never asked. You just assumed.
As it happens it is stock. My wiring in mine seems to me to be adequately long without incurring bend radii issues. That may be a difference in tolerances. The post I made was merely to demonstrate an alternative to hacking the shell if your wiring was not long enough and how to avoid the issues in your link.

Hi Kiwi,

They said TWT. (Time will tell)

We all went off to look for the Tardis which is usually kept in the control tower - but in the end we didn't.

Passing the restaurant and smelling a full English breakfast was too much temptation and in the end I went off to help out ATC and the others went to screw some bolts or whatever they do.

Smashing breakfast though,

Regards

Pete

Deltamike, and lostkiwi,

I received the batteries... never mind trying to sort out the cables (how to fit them).. my batteries wouldn't even fit?? super super snug.. so tight I put one in and basically wrecked the plastic battery casing trying to get the stupid thing out. Did ya's have to modify door just to even fit the battery?? I'll send photos tonight

got mine 2 batteries today!!
charged them and while charging i fitted i bigger door from ebay and also filed away plastic from the entrance on the bottom and on the left side so i could slide the batteryconeccter inside.
the battery will not fit unless u modify just a little bit.
but uts worth the 10 minutes of work.
the original dji battery gave me 7 minutes of airtime. when i first got it it had 10 minutes.

this battery i flew for over 15 minutes before it flashed red so i took it down. i guess i could have hovered for a good while extra but didnt wanna stretch the battery like my original one.
now i need a better fpv and 2 more batteries and a charger that can charge 4 different lipos at the same time...

fat shark? i only wanna spend like max 200$ on a fpv thats awesome.

tobbe said:
got mine 2 batteries today!!
charged them and while charging i fitted i bigger door from ebay and also filed away plastic from the entrance on the bottom and on the left side so i could slide the batteryconeccter inside.
the battery will not fit unless u modify just a little bit.
but uts worth the 10 minutes of work.
the original dji battery gave me 7 minutes of airtime. when i first got it it had 10 minutes.

this battery i flew for over 15 minutes before it flashed red so i took it down. i guess i could have hovered for a good while extra but didnt wanna stretch the battery like my original one.
now i need a better fpv and 2 more batteries and a charger that can charge 4 different lipos at the same time...

fat shark? i only wanna spend like max 200$ on a fpv thats awesome.

I must have missed the bit about filing down the opening a touch. I'm sure it's been mentioned countless times. Live and learn I guess. Please share photos of your mods if ya don't mind. Thanks. I like seeing what different ones have done to tackle the larger battery obstacles.

I received my two Turnigy 4000 Mah batteries from HobbyKing yesterday. I filed down the bottom lip of the opening with a Dremel in about a minute. Very easy to do if you know how to use a Dremel. The batter fit right in after that. It is snug, but it fits with very minor modification. The wires on the other hand are definitely a pain. I was working with some techniques to get them to go in easily, wires first. If it becomes a pain I think I am going to mod the door to connect the wires outside the door. At first I thought I would be bothered by something like that, but the convenience of it, even with stock batteries would be nice.

My first flight, while flying pretty aggressively around my back yard was ~13 minutes. By far my longest flight. All stock voltage settings, and I landed after the first warning lights.

what were your times with the stock batts. MY 4000 are on the ups truck, body mod done moved the wires out through the side, being it broke last night, unplugging it. nice it happen on the ground. so much easer plugging it in now, we have a storm coming soon so today will be a great day to get some flights in , dam I hope I get more then 8 mins. with this little pig. need to find jenny Craig :oops:

My typical flight time with the stock batteries was ~8 minutes flying to the first or second warning. I fly all stock FC40 with prop guards.

have them charging right now, they fit good, had to cut a bit of the green away so wires lay flat. hope times improve :?:

first flight, I got 6 min, first red light at 5 min, bat came back at 11.5. not much of an improvement .guess I need to drop some weight, sucks cause I like whats on it

I have just ordered two of the batteries in the original post. One thing I am surprised about is no one has mentioned the big door conversion so you don't have to modify the door, I also ordered one of those, will post the results.

gutterboy44 said:
My typical flight time with the stock batteries was ~8 minutes flying to the first or second warning. I fly all stock FC40 with prop guards.

I am flying stock FC40 with 9" props, 2200 batterys from local hobby shop are getting me 14min until second warning and it lands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PJEIBG ... xFWdQ0hLrQ

Thanks for the link timmy

Pete, I sure appreciate your testing. I just simply do not have the time of day to do any of these myself (not as in depth as yours anyhow).. I've yet to modify my battery door open in to fit the 4000's in and even think about giving them a whirl. Hopefully over the weekend I find some time.

Thanks again! I love seeing hard real numbers with different settings and setups. Gives me a great idea of what to expect.

Thanks DT and Mikey,

Its great to have feedback. Ta!

I plan to have one more flight unloaded and then I will try adding the GoPro camera - or would you prefer the times with the FC40 camera instead of the GoPro?

Pete

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4