400 and BELOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2700 feet up? I have a feeling they will make an example of this clown if they catch him.

Passenger jets don't 'manuver' around things... not like that. That's like saying aircraft carriers manuver around fish.
Oh and yeah. Haven't clicked the link yet, just read the link description.

Using the RTH workaround, is the p3 actually capable of 2700 feet? Also, wouldn't this be close enough to the no fly zone that that app would have landed it anyway? I don't think this is going to be p3, doubt we'll ever find out.

Reactions: kptw_pilot
There's no way a pilot saw a 350mm size drone from more than 500 meters away. They are travelling about 70 - 100 meters per second on approach. That would give him 5-7 seconds to react and climb 200 feet. NO WAY JOSE. Had to be a bigger drone.

What's the farthest you think you can see your drone on a clear day with line of sight?

I bet that it was KillerKut. He specifically talked about flying 3000 feet up around LaGuardia, but that he could do it safe because he was "smart".

Reactions: kptw_pilot
Using the RTH workaround, is the p3 actually capable of 2700 feet? Also, wouldn't this be close enough to the no fly zone that that app would have landed it anyway? I don't think this is going to be p3, doubt we'll ever find out.
Who said it was a p3 or anything made by dji? Plenty of drones capable of that height

Ah it could be anyone, how many drone owners are in the area and I'm sure there plenty of people who fly that high and aren't a member of any forum. Bit too much of a risk for a witch hunt mate.

Ah it could be anyone, how many drone owners are in the area and I'm sure there plenty of people who fly that high and aren't a member of any forum. Bit too much of a risk for a witch hunt mate.
Sure, but it doesn't matter which one it was at this point. If you're on the island of Manhattan and you're putting your bird up to 3000 feet and then showing off pics on a community board? You're the enemy of our hobby/sport/whatever. It's these actions that will BAN drones. They're all the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic