4 Pro or 4 Pro+?

The inability to use 3rd party applications such as Litchi is a real negative to the + model.
The only difference between the P4P standard and the P4P+ is in the RC. All the P4P+ limitations, and there are plenty, can be overcome by adding a $319 regular P4P RC to the kit, so you have two different controllers you can choose from, depending upon your needs that day. The aircraft is identical.

Any opinion on Samsung Tab S2 8" or S3 9.7"? Both are OLED. Anybody compared them to iPads and CrystalSky in bright sunlight?

P4P+ has smaller screen, but it lighter and not as bulky. Does anybody actually prefer smaller screen because of easier handling?

The S8 is reported at less than 600 njits and the S3 at about 550 nits. I have the S3 9.7 OLED which is rated at the same brightness if not brighter than the Apple. It does wash out in the sun.

I have the P4 Pro Plus, and the screen is clearly visible in the sun. I don't mind the small screen for the ability to see it in any light condition.

And, as has been noted in a recent posting, the use of Litchi may void the lost craft warranty under DJI refresh.

And, as has been noted in a recent posting, the use of Litchi may void the lost craft warranty under DJI refresh.
Only if Litchi was the actual cause of the crash. Mere use of Litchi by itself does not void your warranty nor any Refresh policy! A Litchi flight log contains the same data as a DJI flight log, to determine the cause of any crash, while flying with Litchi.

It's better to buy one, than pay the extra $300 for the P4P+. 128GB iPad Mini 4's were $299 just a few weeks ago at Best Buy. Lower memory versions were even cheaper. Mini 4 is a large as the largest $800 CrystalSky monitor, which runs a buggy DJI customized Android only version of GO 4, and cannot be used with 3rd party apps like Litchi, unlike the iPad Mini 4.
Unfortunately here in Australia, the iPad mini 4 start at around $550AUD for just a 32Gb model. The 128Gb models are close to $1,000!?

Unfortunately here in Australia, the iPad mini 4 start at around $550AUD for just a 32Gb model. The 128Gb models are close to $1,000!?

Whilst that's true these things are more expensive in Oz, the DJI products are too, making the point of comparison between iPad and CrystalSky Display still quite valid, depending on one's requirements.

I owned a p4p+ back in January and returned it because the screen would always glitch. Has this been fixed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94