(4 motors) not working

Reaction score
Four of my Phantom FC40 motor doesn't work properly. I put my long screws for my prop-guard.

Is there anyway to fix it by myself ?
Which part do I have to fix ?
If I need to buy a part, where do I have to buy it?

OR

If I need to buy 4 new motors, What kind of motor do I have to buy?

In Hobbyking.com, there are lots of motors. Which one do I have to buy?
( http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__503__501__Multi_Rotors_Parts-Motors.html )

Can I just buy any motors and attach them?

Please help me because I am not good at this.

Thank you so much in advance.

LA-SKY-PILOT

You'll need 2212 920KV motors, 2 CW and 2 CCW. Lot's of dealers on eBay sell them, original DJI motors and other brands too that will work. Get motors with bare end wires, not with plugs. These are cheap, I'm not recommending them just using them as an example of what you need. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271764597733?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Search eBay for " 2212 920KV DJI" and you will see what's available. Looks like some of the dealers are out of the original DJI motors right now.

You'll also need a soldering gun. Remove the old wires from the esc, remove the old motor. Replace the new motor first before soldering the wires so it doesn't pull on the wires while you're soldering. Take a picture of the color coded wires inside before you remove them so you'll know where the new ones go.

Good luck, and let us know if you need help.

I feel for you LA,

We need a STICKY on the subject.

:( Prop guard screws are too long to use without the guards in place. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
This is yet one more reason I don't have any use for prop guards on Phantoms... How many motors have been ruined like this??? And WY is right... We need a sticky for this...

-slinger

You'll need 2212 920KV motors, 2 CW and 2 CCW. Lot's of dealers on eBay sell them, original DJI motors and other brands too that will work. Get motors with bare end wires, not with plugs. These are cheap, I'm not recommending them just using them as an example of what you need. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271764597733?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Search eBay for " 2212 920KV DJI" and you will see what's available. Looks like some of the dealers are out of the original DJI motors right now.

You'll also need a soldering gun. Remove the old wires from the esc, remove the old motor. Replace the new motor first before soldering the wires so it doesn't pull on the wires while you're soldering. Take a picture of the color coded wires inside before you remove them so you'll know where the new ones go.

Good luck, and let us know if you need help.

Thank you so much !! But I have to buy the 4 motors on Aliexpress.com or hobbyking.com. I need an international shipping because right now I am in foreign country. Can you give me an information for me to purchase the 4 motors on aliexpress.com or hobbyking.com or any internet shops?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31