4 hours and 11 mins total flight time and my P3PRO is dead

This is the internet. You have no right here! Thats what make the internet such a great place!

DJI's customer service isnt 100%. But its a hell of a lot better than it was 6 months ago. If proper channels are followed they are actually a bit better than most companies! Unfortunately, most people aren't willing to do things RIGHT. They want to do it THEIR way!
True it is the Internet and there are no rules but if you begin censoring posts of your users just because you don't like what hey have to says this site will die a slow death. "Better" is a subjective word. Better than horrific is not really much better now is it?

True it is the Internet and there are no rules but if you begin censoring posts of your users just because you don't like what hey have to says this site will die a slow death. "Better" is a subjective word. Better than horrific is not really much better now is it?
JB .. perhaps if you read the whole thread you'd understand what you're talking about.
It's not about censoring posts that someone doesn't like at all.
When you signed up you agreed to the site's community rules.
I'm sure you remember them but here's a link for you anyway:
Community Guidelines | DJI Phantom Forum

If you have some better ideas on the way the site should be run, by all means, have a chat to the owner and make suggestions.

When new firmware comes out we come here to see what others think Good or bad and we count on honest feed back. Perhaps I need to read more carefully but I thought he was being told not to vent about a bad customer service experience. So are you only going to allow people to post only good experiences -- if that is the case then I won't be back. I come here to get objective points of view I am a big boy and can decide what I believe or don't believe.

When new firmware comes out we come here to see what others think Good or bad and we count on honest feed back. Perhaps I need to read more carefully but I thought he was being told not to vent about a bad customer service experience. So are you only going to allow people to post only good experiences -- if that is the case then I won't be back. I come here to get objective points of view I am a big boy and can decide what I believe or don't believe.
How about you read the whole thread before you start spouting about what you think it might be about?
And then read the community guidelines.

JB .. perhaps if you read the whole thread you'd understand what you're talking about.
It's not about censoring posts that someone doesn't like at all.
When you signed up you agreed to the site's community rules.
I'm sure you remember them but here's a link for you anyway:
Community Guidelines | DJI Phantom Forum

If you have some better ideas on the way the site should be run, by all means, have a chat to the owner and make suggestions.
That is fair and the rules are well written. I run The Music Lives On so I understand totally the need to maintain a civil and polite discussion. My only objection was because I thought the poster was sharing a bad customer experience with DJI. That struck a nerve with me because they never answer the phone and emailing them is a joke. I hope you are correct that it is better. I like thier products and buy from them constantly I would just like to see them improve their customer service. Thanks for your reply I will read the entire thread

:
About the First Amendment and Your "Right to Free Speech"
We believe in the First Amendment of the US Constitution and public freedom of speech. Meanwhile, that right does not infer that others are required to publish your speech. The Phantom Pilots Forum is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by the rules and decisions of our team. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your public right to free speech.
I get in trouble a LOT for screwing with that little doosie!!

Thats absolutely correct. But a company cant go from horrific to perfect without first getting better!! DJI was a fair sized company prior to the P3. But the release of the P3 and the Inspire blew the entire drone market into a tailspin!! More product was hitting the streets in a month that was previously going out annually! I hate poor service! From anyone! But Im smart enough to know the history that DJI has, and the huge strides they have taken. And every day, they improve more. I cant wait to see their stores start to open!

Reactions: John N Kronyak
No .. your problem is that you want to rant.
You've unfortunately run into a hardware error that can happen any time.
You haven't even given DJI an opportunity to fix things but want to rant heavily against DJI and whatever you imagine they might/might not do.
I've just seen how you've done this over on DJI's forum and there's no need for you to do it all again here.
I remind you of our community guidelines where you'll find this:
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Rant closed
Now that's what I call good customer service.

I expected more from this forum. The Customer service offered by DJI is horrific. We as customers deserve to hear the good and the bad. There is no doubt that they make good drones but their customer service is sad. I have emailed and telephoned and never received even a reply. DJI can do the right thing and if they do i am sure he would also post the positives too. It would be tragic if this great forum stops allowing free speech.
With the number of sales by DJI we should expect maybe some stateside support. I love my P3A. They do make a great product....BUT.....as far as warranty issues, we shouldn't have to ship our machines half way around the world. To me , good customer support is a large part of the equation when I'm dropping thousands of dollars on a product. Just think if there was an automobile recall and you had to ship the vehicle to Japan or Korea.

Well now with only 5 Hours on my P3P I tried to do a firmware upgrade and its bricked. Cant upgrade and cant downgrade. Camera shows no image and the error log says that several devices are not detected. I did a little reseach and it appears that the camera in the unit has failed and I need to send it in. How annoying. Well now I will get to see first hand how terrirble their customer service is and it should be interesting. I will keep you posted.

I'm glad it all worked out in the end...
***PHEW***
that was like watching a soap opera ..............................................
Yeah, and not even a good one... but I love these old reruns.

...what if i told you that The government of Thailand spent something like 15-20K$ on bringing me to Thailand a year ago, for a week, first class return tickets and super high end hotels, 4 domestics flights, private driver in every location and a tour guide...just so that i will take photos ? 15-20K$ !

Now, if you reply "No way...you're dreaming" i will link you up for the evidence.

"No way...you're dreaming"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.