3rd Party Phantom batteries

1st: use the search function to read many previous posts about 3rd party or Aftermarket batteries.

2nd: Good luck. Many swear by them and many more at them. Be picky as many are too thin skinned, hard to read, or fail in flight. Read reviews! Guarantees are no good if it fails on-high.

3rd: My experience; 1 aftermarket, by ExpertPower (Amazon) that is in my rotation with 12 OEM. The major complaint in reviews is the tight fit, not premature failure. Easy to remove with 2 hand method. No complaints of build quality, unlike PowerExtra. IMO, it’s a good battery but would rather buy used or refurb OEM for same price, if available.

but would rather buy used or refurb OEM for same price, if available.

I've recently bought a factory refurbished OEM £50. looks like new and works 100%, no complaints, no problems with it, I would defintly buy another if I needed one.

Reactions: Capt KO
Anyone have any experience with 3rd Party Phantom 4 Pro batteries which can be purchase usually 2 for the price of One DJI battery.

I don't have experience with a 3rd party battery and never plan too. I have purchased 3rd party items for other things and had some bad results. These batteries aren't just any battery, they are the guts of what keeps that baby up there.
Many have had good luck with them, but I spent way too much money on my drones to possibly lose one to anything other than OEM batteries.

I've recently bought a factory refurbished OEM £50. looks like new and works 100%, no complaints, no problems with it, I would defintly buy another if I needed one.
Hi, I am based in Devon. Would you mind sharing the details of the supplier?
All the best, Martin

Reactions: Capt KO
Anyone have any experience with 3rd Party Phantom 4 Pro batteries which can be purchase usually 2 for the price of One DJI battery.

Would you put a 3rd party engine in your car? The difference is, if the engine quits, you just pull over; and fork out thousands. If the battery in your drone quits, gravity instantly takes over and you probably no longer have a drone.

I always imagine being at the deposition, "So, you knowingly used a battery that the manufacturer specifically said NOT TO USE, thus putting financial considerations over safety?"

I've had good luck with PowerExtra. In November of 2019 I purchased a battery for my Mavic Pro and I've been very pleased with its performance. The packaging is first-class, which always raises a green flag for me.

D

Would you put a 3rd party engine in your car? The difference is, if the engine quits, you just pull over; and fork out thousands. If the battery in your drone quits, gravity instantly takes over and you probably no longer have a drone.

I think you are missing the point, new OEM P3P batteries are not made any more so what do you suggest when all your P3P batteries are no good any more, throw away your P3P drone??????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.