3rd party battery review

I don't need evidence, you be the 3rd party battery test pilot. I have no desire to save a couple of dollars on a battery and take any unnecessary chances. My point with Samsung was, it doesn't make any difference where the blame lies with their phones, what is important is they're a big enough company to not leave you holding the bag with a phone that can potentially blow up. "IF" the TP batteries fail and they have 200,000 of them out in the market are they going to be big enough to make it right? I don't use cheap parts in anything I put in the air, multi's, heli's or planes.

Why do you instantly think that the battery cells in a third party battery are less quality than what DJI could provide? Is DJI better at producing batteries than other companies? I understand the hesitation as its an aircraft and we don't want a crash, but please share your thoughts on why these batteries are a lower quality which makes them cheap junk? Do you have evidence, or experience of these batteries and their application on the phantom?

Some of these companies who are now producing 3rd party batteries for the phantom also produce them for lots of other consumer goods. Some many of us carry in our pockets everyday; surely Apple doesn't specialize in batteries, they chose a vendor to supply them, same as DJI does. What makes that vendor different than one of the others? If you read my review, I'm pretty hard on the third party batteries, and I shared a few flight logs which some of the senior members on this board reviewed and came to the conclusion that the data represented was valid and showed decent and reliable performance. So right now, there seems to be very little evidence that these batteries are either bad, display bad performance, or are unsafe and have resulted in any crashes. Infact, all reports I've seen from third party batteries show they work, they work well and haven't caused any issues (my sources are here and the DJI forums). If this isn't true, please show me the facts otherwise, I'd love to see it. Till then, I'm going to continue to support third party batteries.

By the way, even if I don't agree with you, your review was well done, nice work

By the way, even if I don't agree with you, your review was well done, nice work
Thanks man. I feel everyone should have knowledge to make their own decision. That's why I like this place, good info .. and we can (usually lol) be civil as we get there :)

Reactions: Neon Euc
I will always buy 3rd party and can totally understand people who wants to stick to official DJI but for me as I have said before I have seen many many posts about lost phantoms, battery drop outs, etc. All from the official products. So I am happy to take the chance and as lot of the 3rd parties have a lot to gain by jumping into the drone market then I'm sure they will make sure their products are high quality to Keep business afloat and make money. Bad business will end up ruining the company financially and they don't want that so why would they sell dodgy batteries

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Numone
I don't need evidence, you be the 3rd party battery test pilot. I have no desire to save a couple of dollars on a battery and take any unnecessary chances. My point with Samsung was, it doesn't make any difference where the blame lies with their phones, what is important is they're a big enough company to not leave you holding the bag with a phone that can potentially blow up. "IF" the TP batteries fail and they have 200,000 of them out in the market are they going to be big enough to make it right? I don't use cheap parts in anything I put in the air, multi's, heli's or planes.
Me neither; I choose to use OE batteries and have no problem with DJI protecting their IP via their software.

I will always buy 3rd party and can totally understand people who wants to stick to official DJI but for me as I have said before I have seen many many posts about lost phantoms, battery drop outs, etc. All from the official products. So I am happy to take the chance and as lot of the 3rd parties have a lot to gain by jumping into the drone market then I'm sure they will make sure their products are high quality to Keep business afloat and make money. Bad business will end up ruining the company financially and they don't want that so why would they sell dodgy batteries

Good for you. Better just hope that DJI don't brick them via another software update.

Great review :) Back when the P3 series came out, the P3P's were around $£1500 or more with options but now that the prices have dropped to half that or less, the aftermarket batteries are a great option. Why buy a £150.00 DJI battery for a £600.00 drone? Nicely done video :)

As far as your review goes it was done well. But the area of the room that you were in was too small and thus the echo causing the bad acoustics. Maybe try facing out into the center of a larger room so your voice doesn't echo off of the wall behind and back into the camera. Some rooms will always echo like that and I'm not complaining, just trying to help you make a better sounding video next time. I shoot a lot outside because the sound is really crisp. Also different types of walls won't echo, mostly it's just stick built houses with no insulation behind the sheetrock. An insulated outside wall doesn't echo usually and sometimes just cracking a window will also kill the echo :)

You can run across the street without looking, or you can look both ways. You may or may not get killed either way. You have to eliminate as many unnecessary risks as possible. Buying cheap junk batteries is one of those

Please don't buy one!

but don't project your fears on everyone else.

I have been flying phantoms for years and some of the best p2 battery were Limefuel 3rd party
they just worked period!

I just service a customers p3s and he had 2 3rd party batteries and they worked no different than the dji.
in fact I thought it was better finished and happy to see this option exists.

thanks to 3rd party vendors for helping keep cost down even for dji stuff.

Please don't buy one!

I have been flying phantoms for years and some of the best p2 battery were Limefuel 3rd party
they just worked period!

I just service a customers p3s and he had 2 3rd party batteries and they worked no different than the dji.

Again, since this seems to be more than some folks can grasp, whether they work is NOT the issue. I'm sure many of them work just fine. Once DJI agrees, I'll be happy to consider.

Great review :) Back when the P3 series came out, the P3P's were around $£1500 or more with options but now that the prices have dropped to half that or less, the aftermarket batteries are a great option. Why buy a £150.00 DJI battery for a £600.00 drone? Nicely done video :)

As far as your review goes it was done well. But the area of the room that you were in was too small and thus the echo causing the bad acoustics. Maybe try facing out into the center of a larger room so your voice doesn't echo off of the wall behind and back into the camera. Some rooms will always echo like that and I'm not complaining, just trying to help you make a better sounding video next time. I shoot a lot outside because the sound is really crisp. Also different types of walls won't echo, mostly it's just stick built houses with no insulation behind the sheetrock. An insulated outside wall doesn't echo usually and sometimes just cracking a window will also kill the echo :)
Thanks for the compliment. I did wanted to film it outside but unfortunately the weather wasn't ideal and I wanted to get this video out as soon as possible but I may do a remake [emoji4]

Reactions: Reed L and Digdat0
Please don't buy one!

they just worked period!

I totally agree. I mean it's not for everyone but if I found s good product that will save money I will happily review it, and yet again if something goes wrong I will make a video on that too [emoji4]

Reactions: Digdat0
Again, since this seems to be more than some folks can grasp, whether they work is NOT the issue. I'm sure many of them work just fine. Once DJI agrees, I'll be happy to consider.
I think DJI will deliberately not agree sadly as they will lose money as they want to sell as much as possible of their own products so it's up to us to find out what alternatives their are

Reactions: Digdat0
Just like here in the USA with car batteries there are only a small amount of companies that make them. Johnson Control makes many of the brands we see sitting next to each other at the auto parts store. Same goes for Lipos. Yes there are some smaller companies that make Lipos but DJI buys their batteries from a large consumer lipo manufacturer. I saw a post with the name of the company that produces DJI batteries but, I forgot the name.

upload_2016-10-19_17-16-54.png

Let's agree to disagree. lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl