3D Printed parts

Reaction score
Want some 3D printed parts, well soon we wont need to have our own 3D Printers for this. Staples wants to start putting 3D printers in their stores, so if you want some parts, you just stop by the local store and give them the 3D files you want printed. Or you can upload the file online and then go pick up in the store.

I just found this page that looks like staples has something to do with it but I think you order the 3D prints and they ship them to you. http://staples.myeasy3d.com/

how does the 3d printing work ?. does the 3d printer scan the item you want ro replicate then print it.
do you get software with the printers to make your own designs ?

You have to have a file of the part that tells the printer what to do. I've found a lot of 3D printed items I've gotten to be brittle. Maybe there's different grades or types of plastic wire that you can use. I think someday everyone will have one in there house.

I just bought one, a Davinci 1.0 pro. I just got it and just got it set up and had to go. I haven't made anything yet. I tried to make a small Eiffel Tower for my wife but I ran out of time and had to cancel it.

Yes there are different kinds of plastic or "filament" as they call it. Different formulations and colors.
It seems there are a lot of 3d files available to download, just not what I am looking for. I want a 3d file for some DJI parts, or some Arduino parts and sensors. All I find is the cutesy stuff, Androids, phone covers, etc. So now I have to learn 3d modeling. They make 3d scanners but $$$.

I have spend the past 3 days debating which 3D printer to go with and have it narrowed down to 4

creator pro, taz 5, ultimately 2 or makerbot m2.. Has anyone used any of them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20