30 seconds exposure time now possible

Reaction score
Hi,

(I don't know if this has been posted before, searched but couldn't find anything.)

With the latest upgrade it's now possible to extend the exposure time up to 30 seconds. However, the EXIF data says the exposure time is 8 s for all exposure times from 8 s and above, I don't know why.

So now you can be creative with your P4P. Here's a 30 s shot the other night, with some strong wind. Perhaps not the best time to test it, or maybe it was ... :)

Anders

Attachments

• 0022_2017_03_22-2.jpg
    0022_2017_03_22-2.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
Reactions: tml4191
30 sec ?? impossible to shot decent sharp photo , movement, although tiny, is enough to add a small amount of blur to long-exposure photos.

30 sec ?? impossible to shot decent sharp photo , movement, although tiny, is enough to add a small amount of blur to long-exposure photos.
Yes, I totally agree, impossible to get a sharp photo with exposure times above 5-10 seconds, depending on the wind and other things. But, as I said in the post, now you can get really creative with your drone and create "double exposure" shots or creative movements, it doesn't always have to be sharp. :)

If this was on a normal handheld camera, fitted with a 20mm lens, your rule of thumb max shutter speed would be around 1/20th second, though with wider angle lenses, a steady hand and controlled breathing, I can get that to around 1 second. Now translate that to a moving drone, gimballed or not, and you are way over your slowest shutter speed where you can expect a sharp image (for still anyway, video when viewed by the human eye is a lot more forgiving and doesn't see blurring in each frame of a movie). You'd be better off hiking up the ISO and opening the aperture.

Hi,

(I don't know if this has been posted before, searched but couldn't find anything.)

With the latest upgrade it's now possible to extend the exposure time up to 30 seconds. However, the EXIF data says the exposure time is 8 s for all exposure times from 8 s and above, I don't know why.

So now you can be creative with your P4P. Here's a 30 s shot the other night, with some strong wind. Perhaps not the best time to test it, or maybe it was ... :)

Anders
Can you please explain how you obtained the 30 second shutter option again? I remember someone posted this some few months ago, but now I don't remember the process. The shutter only goes up to 8" on the latest firmware for me.

Last edited:
Can you please explain how you obtained the 30 second shutter option again? I remember someone posted this some few months ago, but now I don't remember the process. The shutter only goes up to 8" on the latest firmware for me.
In manual mode, I just increase the exposure time to 30 s, no tricks or hacks at all. In LR, however, the EXIF data will show 8 s.

Please?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic