2nd flight log created during flight - Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
Learning the intricacies of my first Phantom and experienced an in-flight anomaly I'd appreciate some help in analyzing.

I was flying along the coast of NJ a few months ago and got a DJI GO App red error message at a distance of about 3,000 feet. Sadly, I can't exactly remember the message (rookie mistake) other than it told me to land immediately. The P3 was behaving normally and it was not in a position to land, so I immediately flew it back to me. It flew normally in every way. I later found that I left the foam block in the gimbal, but the gimbal behaved normally and the error message had nothing to do with it. I can only remember that it made no sense and I did Google the error message that day and didn't find anything useful in discovering the cause.

I've flown it since, though not nearly as far, and it continues to behave normally.

Fast forward, I now discover that the P3 has flight logs, so I pulled them today and am more confused. Though it was one non-stop flight up and down the coast, the P3 created two individual flight logs with a "Home Point" on each. Oddly, the home points were the same yet when the 2nd one was created, the drone was 3,000 feet from the actual take off point.

Of note perhaps is that at the 4:30 mark in Flight Log 1 there were 82 minor signal errors and at the 5:00 mark, 93. 5:30, 97, 6:00, 89 then dropped back down to <27 as it returned. GPS was solid the whole way per HealthyDrones.com. Flight mode was P-GPS the entire flight.

P3P is on firmware 1.4.10
Remote is 1.3.20
IOS App is 3.1.0

I know there is newer firmware for both the drone and the remote, but I'd like to avoid the GEO hassle for as long as possible.

Any ideas? Thank you

P3P_log_c.jpg

Last edited:
I was flying along the coast of NJ a few months ago and got a DJI GO App red error message at a distance of about 3,000 feet. Sadly, I can't exactly remember the message (rookie mistake) other than it told me to land immediately. The P3 was behaving normally and it was not in a position to land, so I immediately flew it back to me. It flew normally in every way. I later found that I left the foam block in the gimbal, but the gimbal behaved normally and the error message had nothing to do with it. I can only remember that it made no sense and I did Google the error message that day and didn't find anything useful in discovering the cause.
Yes ... I've had one or two of those messages way back on old firmware and remember the scare because I was also way out over water.
I also can't remember the text but it was a false alarm which DJI must have corrected in later firmware.

Your homepoint query shows that although the Phantom split the log, it realised that the second was a continuation and did not reset the home point.

Thanks for the reply Meta4 - Next time I'll screen cap the error message.

Left the P3P firmware @ 1.4.10, remote @ 1.3.20 and downgraded the iPAD to 2.8.3.

Hopefully a more compatible combination.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31