2D Mapping Mosaic

Reaction score
Outside of paying Mapbox or Pix4D, and doing manual image tie to Google Earth, does anyone know of an automated tool to take full-motion video of DJI Phantoms and have it stitch stills to Google Earth. Think of Google Earth base imagery as the anchor and DJI full-motion video stills taken would paintbrush geo-rectified imagery. Basically what Pix4D does but I could careless about the 3D model, just want an orthomosaic file I can save as KMZ and use off-line.

I've been doing it manually one image at a time in Google Earth or Custom Maps App (Android) but that can be tedious to cover a large area. Anyway, any free tools that help would be great.

Break break

Another issue I've noticed when using the manual process above is to get a good geo-register of the image, I usually have to crop 1/2 the photo to take out the 'curve' of the fish eye effect to ensure my pixels all stay square to register to Google Earth accurately. Outside of the app I bought that corrects GoPro Lens effect (similar to DJI integrated camera) are there any other tools to crop out the image exactly that I have a corrected image that can be anchored to Google Earth with high accuracy.

Thanks for any help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic