2 (well 3) Questions about my Phantom 2

Reaction score
So After 6 Months in “Time Out”, I got my Non Camera Phantom 2 Out. The Last Time I had it in Daylight it wouldn’t Start [emoji849]....Back in the Closet it went. To my Surprise, it started and actually flew!…Got online and ordered the ole P-2 some new Props, a Blue “Body Skin” and some cool looking lights...(Yes, I Know the Regs)...went to start it up (Past Sundown +30)....No Joy!…So my Question is this....Did DJI go back that far and set a “Geo Fence” even on the 2’s?…I’m not gonna go off on another Tangent But are we RULED BY THE ALMIGHTY DJI Even if we just want to start the thing?……And I’m gonna say it...If I wanna Bust a Reg it’s MY TICKET,NOT THEIRS!…Ok Sorry had to Vent...Actually I was gonna “Trick Out” my P-2 and use it as a Good Will Jester to Promote Drones and their amazing Capabilities vs. The General Public thinking of them as Evil and Intrusive!………
IMG_1597205295.175215.jpg
So here is my other Question...Can I download an older update to get Rid of DJI telling me what I can’t do? I Understand the Reasoning…but Still....
OH!…Did Some After-Market Company Make a Shorter Set of Landing Skids?…I could have sworn that I had seen them a while Back!

So After 6 Months in “Time Out”, I got my Non Camera Phantom 2 Out. The Last Time I had it in Daylight it wouldn’t Start [emoji849]....Back in the Closet it went. To my Surprise, it started and actually flew!…Got online and ordered the ole P-2 some new Props, a Blue “Body Skin” and some cool looking lights...(Yes, I Know the Regs)...went to start it up (Past Sundown +30)....No Joy!…So my Question is this....Did DJI go back that far and set a “Geo Fence” even on the 2’s?…I’m not gonna go off on another Tangent But are we RULED BY THE ALMIGHTY DJI Even if we just want to start the thing?……And I’m gonna say it...If I wanna Bust a Reg it’s MY TICKET,NOT THEIRS!…Ok Sorry had to Vent...Actually I was gonna “Trick Out” my P-2 and use it as a Good Will Jester to Promote Drones and their amazing Capabilities vs. The General Public thinking of them as Evil and Intrusive!………View attachment 119680So here is my other Question...Can I download an older update to get Rid of DJI telling me what I can’t do? I Understand the Reasoning…but Still....
OH!…Did Some After-Market Company Make a Shorter Set of Landing Skids?…I could have sworn that I had seen them a while Back!
Know nothing about the p2 but you can use litchi app,
Yeh man I hear ya,,we pay for these things
Off topic here but it's like in NZ and God knows where else our car that we buy and our name on ownership papers it still does not legally constitute ownership of the vehicle,,wtf ,,well who owns it then ? Probably same with drones lol,anyway search playstore might work better than dji

My P2 Vision + is also missing its camera and I have no telemetry to any display device but its fully updated with the latest FW and it flies and starts up anywhere at any time of day. If there's geo-fencing on the P2 I'm not aware of it and its not affecting mine.

Reactions: joshua adam howell
So my Question is this....Did DJI go back that far and set a “Geo Fence” even on the 2’s?

Some Geo fencing was in place, even if there was you would still be able to power it on, but would get red lights, as its the P2 there isnt an app so you need to use the rear lights to determine what the problem is.

You dont offer much info
Does it power on ?

Not that ive seen, there were some alternate legs that were straight

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.