2 weeks after I get my drone back from DJI

I have them both P3P and Autel's X-Star Premium, I get better range from the Autel than the P3P.
Last Sunday went to a light house at the beach, decided to bring the P3P. Flying in the open nothing in between the AC and RC, my bird got disconnected at 1,800 ft, RTH was initiated.
In paper the X-star Premium advertises 1.2 miles range but in a good day I have gotten twice that.

Yea but this is not normal, tons of videos and people comparing the distances, its not even close

yes but all are 30 days..

its not like they are any different then any other retailer, sure if a problem happened within 30 days its great to have an opportunity to return it.
but these problems are normally after/ way after the 30 day period

Exactly, if all of these issues would show up in the 30 days, the customer has the opportunity to return it, however you don't start to see those until after a few months, way past the 30 days window.

Injecting moulding, is stronger than you think, it's a hair line the modulus composite will have bonded for sure

I sent the Phantom in again , and had a terrible time communicating with support. I sent emails that went days without response. I tried sending videos to show examples of the gimbal problem, but the email communication was so slow on the DJI side that it was "repaired" and sent back to me before they had seen the video.
This kind of behavior is indicative of a understaffed and/or underpayed support staff. They need a strong manager, strong policies, and upper management understanding of support costs and benefits. One or more of those things are missing.

Reactions: M1shootr
As soon as mine came out of the box new I loosened every screw off about a qtr/half turn and set my braking at 70%. I'm about 50 flights in and no cracks .... but I just might be lucky with this shell anyway. I don't fly it like I stole it, just easy flying.

Hey how/where do you set the braking? In the DJI App?

Here is my healthy drones info. I have no cracks at all in my phantom 3 pro. So I guess I'm lucky after all this flying.
Plan limit: 600

Total Photos: 271
Total Videos: 75

Total Air Time: 15h 34m 01s
Total Log Time: 19h 01m 50s

Total Mileage (all flights)
80 Miles

Longest Flight Time: 18m 52s
|
Beginner
Extreme

Hottest Battery Temp: 138.1 f
|
Cool
It's Cooking

Farthest Home Distance: 3,022 ft
|
Around Home
Far Far Away

Longest Mileage: 14,021 ft
|
Hover around
Keep it moving

Highest Altitude: 394.7 ft
|
Keep it safe
Cloud Seeker

Fastest speed: 43.11 mph
|
Take it easy
Wind Surfer

My old P2 was literally full of cracks...busted out motor mounts, cracked arms. I flew the crap out of that thing despite the cracks. (I did secure the motor mounts with a bit if modding) Thing flew like a dream as is. I get that these cracks suck and dji should fix their issue, but at the same time, I highly doubt it actually effects flight much, if at all. Didn't for me.

Also, dji service sucks moose genitalia!! I've never dealt with a company with such crap customer service. I had $1000 worth of H3-3D gimbals going all whacky on me. Could barely get a response, let alone a repair or replacement.

As soon as mine came out of the box new I loosened every screw off about a qtr/half turn and set my braking at 70%. I'm about 50 flights in and no cracks .... but I just might be lucky with this shell anyway. I don't fly it like I stole it, just easy flying.
I've crashed 10 times never saw eny cracks until I lost a prop at 100feet over a parking lot 2000.00later it's now a wall hanger

• Max Control and Video Transmission Distance FCC: 1.2 miles (2000 m)
That's what Autel say, and note that's the FCC, so the rest of us outside of Yankee America will get less than half that, presuming they also dump us all into "CE" territory...

Had similar experience with DJI.
Terrible customer service
I will for sure never purchase anything with DJI on it again
They suck with regards to service

I bought my Phantom 3 Standard from the Apple Store. So I only have to deal with their customer service. Two year warranty (by law in Norway)
Much better!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic