and sure enough , ANOTHER !@#%@% crack!

28817501854_c622f9fddc_b.jpg

28817496574_db15b732f3_b.jpg

Seriously, this is out of control.

and sure enough , ANOTHER !@#%@% crack!

28817501854_c622f9fddc_b.jpg

28817496574_db15b732f3_b.jpg

Seriously, this is out of control.
The second photo looks like it shows a crack on both the top and bottom shell. Is that true? Just wow!

I can't even email them, when trying to submit an email/support ticket it just spins loading when trying to select my region. Everything is broken with DJI.

I cannot tell you how livid I am, it would be one thing if it was a fast turn around, but 3 weeks total time I was out. There is no way they will just do this the normal way, not when they had a customer 2 weeks later after the exact same problem, have it happen again and worse this time.

As soon as mine came out of the box new I loosened every screw off about a qtr/half turn and set my braking at 70%. I'm about 50 flights in and no cracks .... but I just might be lucky with this shell anyway. I don't fly it like I stole it, just easy flying.

Reactions: Monico Garza
As soon as mine came out of the box new I loosened every screw off about a qtr/half turn and set my braking at 70%. I'm about 50 flights in and no cracks .... but I just might be lucky with this shell anyway. I don't fly it like I stole it, just easy flying.

I fly mine like a baby and at about 90 flight I got a crack.

I got mine with this issue... Sealed box and all. They said they're going to take a closer look... I opted not to send them my drone because they won't even guarantee that they'll replace it and I have to send it to Hong Kong and I'm from the Philippines. Can you imagine how long it will take for me to get it back? The support say different thing, their action is totally opposite. I decided just to push it in. Sigh... And with your issue, who knows if I'll get my drone back in that state.

697e971b8959e27b605fca2443bfda80.jpg

fcecce46cf95e5fa05eaa29024020dc9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well this is literally 2 weeks, a handful of flights.
I'm livid and cannot accept this BS. This is a serious lemon, as for unscrewing it a few turns, I'll assume DJI is doing this , but I'm not going to do it and have them try to void my warranty over it.
I don't fly it like I stole it, but I certainly do not baby it, I fly it!! like anyone other normal flier would!

Reactions: Monico Garza
This sounds familiar, so I had to chime in. First let me say, the P3A is amazing, the perfect camera drone, until you have problems.

I saw my first cracks in July. I sent the Phantom 3 in and it was repaired quickly. Then 8 flights in, I noticed the gimbal was rolling right to left and more cracks appeared.

I sent the Phantom in again , and had a terrible time communicating with support. I sent emails that went days without response. I tried sending videos to show examples of the gimbal problem, but the email communication was so slow on the DJI side that it was "repaired" and sent back to me before they had seen the video.

The gimbal was better, but I still saw some rolling. Then 18 flights in, more cracks. The top and bottom shells started separating on one arm, and broken pieces of plastic fell out of the AC.

This Phantom has never crashed, landed hard, or tipped over. The braking is set at 70%.

Apparently DJI has some significant quality control issues.

I contacted DJI, a little frustrated, and was told repeatedly that all they could do is another service request. They did not try to expedite things and even stopped responding to my emails. Due to the bad email response, I did not get an RMA before the holiday weekend, and since they are closed weekends, it looks like almost a week delay just to send it back.

I am a frequent flier, flying five days a week. Since the first problem 8 weeks ago until when I get it back again (mid-September), I will have been ground half of the time. Then I will be worried about more cracks, which is taking a lot of the fun out of flying.

Just as an experiment, I sent an email to Autel. They responded quickly, twice, even though I am not a customer. I have not seen any mention of materials problems and only glowing customer service comments. It appears the x-star premium can have 2+ mile range, which is enough for me.

DJI has likely lost a customer, and friends who were considering a Phantom 4 upgrade have reconsidered. They have been watching how DJI handles my cases, and my situation has shaken their confidence.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app

These experiences show why it's best to buy from a reputable dealer. The other thing to try is to get on to the DJI forums and complain to the reps. They seem to have a decent track record beating the rest of DJI into submission.

These experiences show why it's best to buy from a reputable dealer. The other thing to try is to get on to the DJI forums and complain to the reps. They seem to have a decent track record beating the rest of DJI into submission.

why would it matter buying from a reputable dealer, its not like i can go to Best Buy and have them fix it, I wouldn't even think that anyway. They aren't going to replace it for me!

Spoke with a support agent via email, when I mentioned how I was out 3 weeks without the Phantom, she told me not to worry that the shipping "will of course" be expedited . We shall see I guess

why would it matter buying from a reputable dealer, its not like i can go to Best Buy and have them fix it, I wouldn't even think that anyway. They aren't going to replace it for me!

Spoke with a support agent via email, when I mentioned how I was out 3 weeks without the Phantom, she told me not to worry that the shipping "will of course" be expedited . We shall see I guess
B&H, for example, will just swap out things like cracked mounts - at least early on. They may be more willing to work with you to keep you as a customer. Amazon has a great return policy, DJI - not so much.

yes but all are 30 days..

its not like they are any different then any other retailer, sure if a problem happened within 30 days its great to have an opportunity to return it.
but these problems are normally after/ way after the 30 day period

I have them both P3P and Autel's X-Star Premium, I get better range from the Autel than the P3P.
Last Sunday went to a light house at the beach, decided to bring the P3P. Flying in the open nothing in between the AC and RC, my bird got disconnected at 1,800 ft, RTH was initiated.
In paper the X-star Premium advertises 1.2 miles range but in a good day I have gotten twice that.

The X-Star has an LCD display to the controller itself which provides critical flight telemetry data such as altitude, range, battery remaining (for both the remote and the AC), gimbal's tilt, AC's orientation, etc. This redundancy provides an increased margin of safety and allows the pilot the option to use the full screen of the external display to view video coming back from the drone at 720P. Let's say that the battery of your tablet or phone dies or that your flying app collapses while you are flying the drone, with X-Star Premium you have an actual LCD that tells you everything you need to know to bring your drone back home safely.

The day my P3P crashes I am done with DJI and their broken warranty and customer service. I have peace of mind when it comes to my X-Star Premium.

In an ideal world, every drone would work perfectly, right out of the box. Unfortunately, in the real world, sometimes drones have problems. When problems happen, it’s important to have someone to turn to for help. Autel Robotics provides 7-day per week customer support via phone, email or live chat. It’s difficult to put a value on customer support. If you never need it, it’s worth nothing, but if you must have it, there’s no substitute.
Peace of mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: M1shootr and Biggle
well good news, At least DJI is man of their word.. Gave me a 2 day shipping label!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.