2 Phantom Meet Up - What a day!

Shrimpfarmer said:
xgeek said:
Wooooosh. I think he was poking fun that we drive on the left in the UK :lol:

Well I fell for that :D but in my defence I did post a video the other day where a car was driving backwards so I have previous :lol:

Shrimpy,
I was just playin' w/ya. I tease all my friends from UK about driving on wrong side of the road. BTW - vids looked great!

MC

dtdyer01,

Sections 166 & 167 of the Air Navigation Order are what you need to refer to.

For a UAV with a camera (which ours definitely are) you are prohibited from flying over or within 150m of a "congested area". There's no further definition of this so I would go with the generally understood meaning: built-up, busy, dense. I would consider flying over the centre of my market town as prohibited. I would not consider flying over/within 150m of a single building or group of buildings in isolation as being prohibited (my opinion only).

More pertinent perhaps is the prohibition on flying within 50m of any vessel, vehicle or structure that is not "under your control". Again, control isn't defined. You're also prohibited from flying with 50m or any person not under your control.

The whole ANO is at the link to follow, ss. 138, 166 & 167 are the sections that are relevant to flying our class of light UAVs in the UK: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP393.pdf

Two very nice videos - thanks for sharing. Looks like you guys had a fun day. Would like to do that sometime here in California. We keep hearing about bad weather complaints from the UK - there is some real evidence!

I'm in the northern suburbs of Chicago, IL. My brother and I both have phantoms. If anyone else has em in the area and wants to go flying let us know!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.