2 motors run VERY HOT

Thanks for post up :)

Any body care comment on why brown ? It burnt ? What those 6 square piece do ?
is advised to get new ESC ?

Thank you all

justin00 said:
Are the components im refering to in my pics the mosfets??
Concerning one looks brown/burnt ??

justin00 said:
Posting on behalf of Tezz... We inspected ESC tonight and did some testing with multimeter.. all seems ok there..
only thing we could see is one of the components on the ESC there a brown 2mm horizontal line going through the middle of it from 1 side to the other.
Its the square component where there is 6 of them beghin the 3 motor wires on each of the ESC.
So each ESC has 6 of these components behind the wires.... and on the motor that runs hot, 1 of the 6 square components has the brown line going through it.

Tried to take a clear pic but very hard to do... might have to zoom in to see the discoloration.. its hard to see with the naked eye as its only a thin light brown line... but definitely has a brown line when you look at it with a torch.

2q8u8lh.png

Perhaps that is the cause... ?? Maybe it was done when the motor was replace,i.e got scratched.. all though it brown which leads me to think its burnt possibly ???

Yes, those components are MOSFETs (electric switches). I don't know if a brown line indicates it being blown. Usually, you get a bubbled distortion when it blows.
Does that particular chip run hotter or cooler than the others? (Try using an IR thermometer.) If so, that could also be a sign of failure.

Thanks for that.
We dont have an IR thermal device to measure.. best we have is one of those temp gauges you can point at with the little red light to get the reading :/We'll see if its any hotter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj