2.689 miles (14198.1 ft) and no RTH - Flight Record

Reaction score
I used Google Earth to identify a place to fly that was wide open last fall. When I went to fly, the corn was so high that if it landed in the field I would never find it. Now I have a new P3P and I see how much better the range is than the V+ so I had to go out here to try it. Started off great but I ran out of field since it is only 2 miles long till the trees but I kept on going. I had to adjust the controller several times and angle it up to get the signal again when it started to get weak but it just kept on going. I looked at my battery and it was at 66% I knew that the RTH on the V+ went a lot slower than the full throttle I was using to get it out there.
I chickened out. I did not keep going and see how far till the return to home kicked in. I pulled back on the stick and started to have it come back toward me. It was at that time that is started to loose video signal. (I think since the antenna were at a different angle.) I used a screen recorder to get it all on the record. The DJI flight log uses flight distance and unless you go in a perfectly straight line it is not truly how far it is from you like it shows on the app screen. I don't know if I want to go out and try it again to see how much more I can push it. When people ask I can tell now them I can go over 2.5 miles.
Everything was stock with no antenna upgrades. Now time for you guys to go out and see how much further you can go.
vlcsnap-2015-06-11-14h42m41s395.png

Thats really good at your Altitude even, I was only able to go 10,965.2ft at Alt of 472 feet before i lost transmission all of a sudden.. Longest 1minute ever waiting for it to come back online. Anyone have some tips on how to ARrange the antennas? from what i understand straight up and down .

The best way is in a V shape. I got just over 4000 meters stock with full signal. Would of gone further but I **** my self and turned back. I now have the FPVLR kit on :)

The best way is in a V shape. I got just over 4000 meters stock with full signal. Would of gone further but I **** my self and turned back. I now have the FPVLR kit on :)

In a V shape?

so if the controller is [] then you're saying set it up like:

/\
[]

Something like that?

Also grats OP, it's a lotta fun flying these for distance :)

In a V shape?

so if the controller is [] then you're saying set it up like:

/\
[]

Something like that?

Also grats OP, it's a lotta fun flying these for distance :)
Make sure the tips of the antennas are as far away from each other as possible. So they look like a V

I thought they should be parallel.

uploadfromtaptalk1434057278507.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1434057290326.jpg

This is how I've had my best results before adding the FPVLR antennas.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I went over 4000 meters with full bars on both signal and FPV and turned around at either 70% or 65% batt.
By separating the tips I got my best results.

I went over 4000 meters with full bars on both signal and FPV and turned around at either 70% or 65% batt.
By separating the tips I got my best results.

Meters or feet?

Farthest I've gone was 9000 feet or 2700m using the parallel method, it was also through a bunch of trees and junk.
Try setting the antennas as I said. You might get a little further.
The one thing in my favor was that I was in a wide open area, and on a slight hill.

Is there a un supplier of the FPVLR antennas anybody know
U can only buy direct from fpvlr.com direct I think.

All I can say is that they are worth every penny, you will not lose either control or FPV signal.
My best in perfect conditions is 5030 meters and the only reason I turned around was because of battery.

Thanks for that how difficult are they to install and setup
On their website there's a link with a video of how to install. The video is for an Inspire 1 and there are very slight differences in where to feed the new cable through.

I'm no expert but I found it easy :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31