13,045ft = 2.47miles My Personal Best

Reaction score
My personal best distance today 13,045ft = 2.47miles. I am 100% pleased with the P3P and my decision to upgrade from the P2V+. My range went from 2500ft to 13,000ft.

DJI 6-4-15.003.5.jpg

DJI 6-4-15.001.5.jpg

DJI 6-4-15.004.jpg

DJI 6-4-15.004.1.png

Reactions: stulpin300m
That's so awesome. I am still afraid to fly more than 1,000 feet out.

As I see it, everyone's Phantom is a little different. I don't get anywhere near that. I flew out to 6000 feet today and that is a personal best for me. My signal bars tend to go from perfect to weak.... no in between. I think it might some interference because of this and because when I move back a few feet and into a strong signal, it's rock solid again.
X-plore_20150604_131651.jpg

As I see it, everyone's Phantom is a little different. I don't get anywhere near that. I flew out to 6000 feet today and that is a personal best for me. My signal bars tend to go from perfect to weak.... no in between. I think it might some interference because of this and because when I move back a few feet and into a strong signal, it's rock solid again.
View attachment 21062

Do you manually set the channel before takeoff?

Wow! Look at that FLAT land!! Nice distance ride, man!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Not flew anywhere near that distance nice one
is it best to work up to greater distance i have some wide open places near me but im a bit nervous to shoot right out there
any tips?

South LA also, sold my P2V to be able to afford the P3A, glad to see a good post i been reading so much and waiting to pull the trigger and go ahead and order

Man I must of missed something. What's this channel setting your talking about?

My range is pure ****. I have no idea how you are getting that far. With a 200ft altitude I go like 300 ft out and it starts turning red and I have to turn back. I've tried at 2 different locations and had the same experience

That stinks. I get 2500 ft with a packed neighborhood with tress completely surrounding me.

Spectrum,

I see you are flying around farmland. If you are involved with the farm Have you found any good uses for the P3 around the farm?

I have looked into Near infrared cameras to identify poor plant health but can't spend that kind of money.

I haven't maxed out the P3 but if I can get 10k' I'll be more than pleased.

My range is pure ****. I have no idea how you are getting that far. With a 200ft altitude I go like 300 ft out and it starts turning red and I have to turn back. I've tried at 2 different locations and had the same experience
Seems there is something wrong with your P3, my 1st flight went out 5,000' no problem. You should in no way be encountering signal issues at 300', talk to the dealer you got it from, let him test it.

I had the controller and ipad on the lanyard around my neck and held the P3P in my left hand while I rode the dirtbike from my house less than a mile away. I figured I would get some good range in this location with me being on the top of the Mississippi River levee 20ft above grade and fly it out over the sugar cane fields. There are no tall trees, no power lines or anything else that could cause interference. The picture below was taken with my old P2V+ and you can see the arch on the horizon.

P2V+.010 - Copy.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.