13,045ft = 2.47miles My Personal Best

Yeah, that's probably what I get for buying it off a guy from Craigslist. It looked brand new.

I'm going to take it to a place where I have a straight line of sight and re-test it

That's an awesome pic too.
It's so level there, it could twin for Midwestern Alberta.

This flight gives me great joy... But I don't think I would fly out that great distance. Perhaps a video of this would have been pretty cool.

You sure are having fun...

RedHotPoker

Video of the flight sped up 4x. Notice at the 1:31 mark a shadow of an airplane move across the screen from bottom right to top left. BTW, I created this video with iMovie on my iPhone 6 Plus while bored at work on nightshift. So please don't go bashing the video quality or editing. iMovie leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
Awesome buddy. My first long range was 4.3 km. did a 4.5 (2.8 miles) at 250-300m altitude another day. Nice clear valley. Light fog which might have helped reception.

Will you get longer range if you manually set channel?
Not just from setting the channel but choosing one that has less interference. It might be that choosing a higher channel lowers the possibility of interference and is better then leaving it set to auto.

I'm amazed by the interference around these parts. I always set channel manually after looking at how much interference some of the channels have on them!

My range is pure ****. I have no idea how you are getting that far. With a 200ft altitude I go like 300 ft out and it starts turning red and I have to turn back. I've tried at 2 different locations and had the same experience
Not trying to insult you, just covering the bases.

1. You do have beginner mode switched off?
2. You RC aerials are separated and parallel to each other?
3. Nothing in your pockets like phone switched on that could be blocking the signal?

As I said earlier I am sure you know what your doing, just saying the above just in case. :) I have spent a good half hour flying for videos only to find I did not put the SD card in...............

Not trying to insult you, just covering the bases.

1. You do have beginner mode switched off?
2. You RC aerials are separated and parallel to each other?
3. Nothing in your pockets like phone switched on that could be blocking the signal?

As I said earlier I am sure you know what your doing, just saying the above just in case. :) I have spent a good half hour flying for videos only to find I did not put the SD card in...............

Hey, thanks for the advice. I actually found out a long time ago that it was due to flying it in a urban area combined with no LOS. Flying with clear LOS and away from any interference I got a bit over 2 miles.

Sadly, I had an unforseen expense and had to sell my P3 Advanced. Looking to hopefully get a used P3 Pro if I can find a good price. I miss this thing!

As I see it, everyone's Phantom is a little different. I don't get anywhere near that. I flew out to 6000 feet today and that is a personal best for me. My signal bars tend to go from perfect to weak.... no in between. I think it might some interference because of this and because when I move back a few feet and into a strong signal, it's rock solid again.
View attachment 21062
Tcope watch for cell towers. There is another place I fly and there is a tower north of us and for the life of me we could not figure out why we would have poor or no signal. came up it had to be that cell phone tower. we are 1/2 mile north of it. My best so far.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20