10 military drones recovered.

Reaction score
I am staying a couple of miles from Tyndall Air-force base. My wife’s dad passed away, so not much time for play. I did get out to a local pier and used my drone for fishing. What fun. I few my line out as far as legally possible.

Because I was using my drone, I met a man that got contracted to locate military drones. This was his story, whether it was the truth or not, I cannot say. Hurricane Michael winds was a constant 200 mph for 15 minutes with gusts up to 250 mph. Tyndall AFB was in the eye and got the worst of the storm. My in laws house also received the same devastating winds. There was great damage done to the base. A building got blown away that housed 10 military drones. He said they were emphatic about finding those drones. They were contracted to fine many things, but It was of great importance that they find those drones. He said all 10 were found with his company’s drone in the same area. Just think of the capabilities of a military drone. One thing for sure, there wouldn’t be any NFZ. In the wrong hands they could do some bad damage.

Reactions: MTO
I haven't a clue, but the man said it was high priority to find them. He said they were $50,000 + drones like mine, but larger. I'm guessing a copter like drone. I'm sure thier capabilities would be unbelievable.
I know nothing. It could have been a lie. My imagination of what their capabilities goes wild. Lol.

I haven't a clue, but the man said it was high priority to find them. He said they were $50,000 + drones like mine, but larger. I'm guessing a copter like drone. I'm sure thier capabilities would be unbelievable.
I know nothing. It could have been a lie. My imagination of what their capabilities goes wild. Lol.
Well I took it was a military drone like a big one.
9EF8A1C9-E73B-4717-8DFF-046ECE510BF8.jpeg ?

He said they were $50,000 + drones like mine, but larger.
The military doesn't get much for their (your?) dollar.
If they were in the $50K range, they were probably something like this:
They are good drones and carry fancy (expensive) sensors.
But the larger, missile carrying drones have price tags in the $10 Million plus range.

But the larger, missile carrying drones have price tags in the $10 Million plus range.
I could see those going with the wind but seems like they would have been in cases. Who knows.

Mayby was these ,,I thought they had money at they disposal to get the best stuff,some pics I find ,,i like this little spy heli...50 000 on a drone,I say it be the winged type,,,well mayby these fellas spend some mo ey on a storm proof bunker for these goodies
20210213_145509.jpg
20210213_145320.jpg

Reactions: MTO and dirkclod
I am staying a couple of miles from Tyndall Air-force base. My wife’s dad passed away, so not much time for play. I did get out to a local pier and used my drone for fishing. What fun. I few my line out as far as legally possible.

Because I was using my drone, I met a man that got contracted to locate military drones. This was his story, whether it was the truth or not, I cannot say. Hurricane Michael winds was a constant 200 mph for 15 minutes with gusts up to 250 mph. Tyndall AFB was in the eye and got the worst of the storm. My in laws house also received the same devastating winds. There was great damage done to the base. A building got blown away that housed 10 military drones. He said they were emphatic about finding those drones. They were contracted to fine many things, but It was of great importance that they find those drones. He said all 10 were found with his company’s drone in the same area. Just think of the capabilities of a military drone. One thing for sure, there wouldn’t be any NFZ. In the wrong hands they could do some bad damage.
There are several types of drones used as aerial targets at Tyndall. The vast majority are converted F-16's. I nearly forgot the BQM-167 sub-scale drones. These are probably the ones that were recovered. I understand they are moving a squadron of MQ-9 Reapers or the MQ-1B Predator after the base is rebuilt.

Last edited:
Did you catch anything? ? glad the weather cooperated.
Well, I been having a great time. I have drone fishing down pat. I have flown out as far as I can legally fly. The weather has been better than predicted. Almost everyday in the 70's. I can only go out for 3 hours and 40 minutes is the round trip to the beach. The beach drops off 50 ft. deep after about 300 to 500ft out. I have fished the marina twice on St.Andrew's bay. I have to get my disabled daughter out of the house, so she goes with me. Everything is perfect except the fish aren't cooperating. Lol. My wife has called me back twice because she has needed me. Her dad passed away yesterday. Everybody is fine about it. He was almost 90.

How can wind, even a strong one, blow TEN such large heavy objects so far that they couldn't be found by the MILITARY themselves, and they had to hire someone? Not going along with this one......
How can a forest, disappear? Buildings blew away. I don't think they were the large ones.

How can wind, even a strong one, blow TEN such large heavy objects so far that they couldn't be found by the MILITARY themselves, and they had to hire someone? Not going along with this one......
It was a category 5 hurricane, the force of those is unimaginable to someone who's not been around those things.
Just look at the video in this article about Hurricane Michael and ask yourself what happened to all the houses.

I've driven along the path of a category 5 (before and after).
It went through wilderness forest where the trees were100 ft tall.
Shortly afterwards, all that was left was tall, straight tree trunks, snapped off part way up, thousands of them, as far as you could see .... for 60 miles.
And not a single tree top anywhere to be seen.

ps $50K military drones aren't such large heavy objects.
They were probably about the size of a commercial drone like the bigger DJI models.
The big military drones everyone is familiar with cost >$10 million each.

Last edited:
Come to Florida and ride out a hurricane. You will see what mother nature is truly capable of.
I lived on and off in Florida since 1957. I left Florida in 2007 partly because, I was tired of hurricanes. I lived in Debary, Fl. then. I am with my in laws now, who were in the eye of Michael. The pictures JeffreyS is showing is what it looked like when Michael hit, where I am. A year later my in laws got back in their house.

Last edited:
Now Here’s an interesting camera. Love to see the stills quality from this...

Attachments

• 2FC50B0A-8257-4943-8DBD-AF89D82ABFEF.jpeg
    2FC50B0A-8257-4943-8DBD-AF89D82ABFEF.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 121

Well he did say that this tale was spun by a fellow fisherman. Let us call it the drones that (nearly) got away.

• Haha
Reactions: dirkclod

I would think that the military was much more capable of finding their own equipment than the average fisherman with a toy drone. Toy as compared the the military drones, that is. I would also be more inclined to believe the military drones would have locator transmitters on board to minimize recovery time in case of loss. Also, I would believe that the military would keep the loss of top secret equipment, a secret. A tall tale in my books.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31