YouTube best settings for video P3 Pro

Reaction score
I was uploading 4k 4096x2160 videos mov format on youtube and my friends tell me its not 4K when they see it.
Was wandering what are the best settings for YouTube, for example 3840x2160p at 24 or 25 or 30fps?
and what format: mp4 or mov?
both 3840x2160 and 4096x2160 are 4K resolution so which do i choose?

In case i wanted 60fps for slow motion, in 1920x1080p mode why cant i find it? i only see 50fps..

thanks everyone!

I'd also like to know the best settings for youtube at 4k as i too use the 4096x2160 setting but i have mp4.
If you change to ntsc i think you will get 60fps at 1080p but not sure what effect this will have if you're in a pal country. Anyone know?

Your friends have to select the resolution when they're viewing it. If you upload it as 4k, it's 4k. No difference between MOV and MP4, especially when uploading to YouTube, since it gets compressed and stored on their boxes in whatever format they use.
NTSC/PAL does not matter anymore. Pick NTSC for 60fps.
As of today, YouTube supports 60fps.

Reactions: UKFlyer and jlo
Your friends have to select the resolution when they're viewing it. If you upload it as 4k, it's 4k. No difference between MOV and MP4, especially when uploading to YouTube, since it gets compressed and stored on their boxes in whatever format they use.
NTSC/PAL does not matter anymore. Pick NTSC for 60fps.
As of today, YouTube supports 60fps.
Good advice, the viewer needs to click on the little settings wheel tab on the right of the screen to choose the resolution. I did not know that ntsc/pal does not matter anymore, is it still true that it is 50hz for a pal region and 60hz for others?

I've noticed my 4k vids from the P3 load in 1440 only but my 4k hero4 videos load in true 4k.

As mentioned, your friend would be incorrect if he said YouTube does not see it as 4k, perhaps he said that he did not see it in 4k.

Uploading in 4k is just fine. However, I record almost all my own video in 1080 60fps now. A short video in 4k takes me around 1.5 hours to upload and not many people will watch it in 4k. However, if it's something I feel is worth having in 4k, I'll read or in 4k.

Slightly off topic but..... is it possible to :-

1. Upload part of a Phantom mp4 movie file to YouTube or do you have to upload the lot and then edit it there?

2. If you have to upload all of it what is the easiest way in Windows to "trim" the P3 mp4 file without re-encoding before uploading?

I know some of you guys have FCP or Avid or Premiere but for those that don't is there a simple solution to trimming without reprocessing?

TIA

Using Premiere it seems to help if you add a slight blur - 1 or maybe 2 in the filters at final rendering.
I don't think there's much point rendering at a bitrate more than 20 - it greatly increases the file size.
Also there's an option to render using two passes which literally takes almost twice as long and doesn't make any obvious improvement especially after uploading.
My connection upload speed is 373kb ADSL so anything over 1GB is rather impractical.
I don't mind leaving it running overnight and it can manage 1GB in about 6 hours, but it makes normal browsing on another machine unbearably slow.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a short example I uploaded to Youtube in 4K. Filmed at 3840x2160 30fps mp4 format. If you have a 4K capable device you can select 2160 (4k) in the quality settings.

I did trim the video using Sony Movie Studio, but that's it. I'll try and film some shorter clips and upload one raw (direct from the camera) later today.

One thing I am really learning to do is start and stop recording several times per flight when I'm at a transition point. I started doing this unintentionally because I would film a sequence, stop for a few pictures, and then record the transition to the next photo spot. Having discreet files of footage is much easier to work with then taking a single 5GB file and trying to chop it into usable bits.

Reactions: louforgiveno
Using Premiere it seems to help if you add a slight blur - 1 or maybe 2 in the filters at final rendering.
I don't think there's much point rendering at a bitrate more than 20 - it greatly increases the file size.
Also there's an option to render using two passes which literally takes almost twice as long and doesn't make any obvious improvement especially after uploading.
My connection upload speed is 373kb ADSL so anything over 1GB is rather impractical.
I don't mind leaving it running overnight and it can manage 1GB in about 6 hours, but it makes normal browsing on another machine unbearably slow.
I'm at 20mbps up and the AT&T GigaPower contractor just surveyed my street. Says 6-8 months from now we should have that as an option. Google Fiber is slowly spreading through Austin too!

i add music using the youtube video editor probably that is why my 4k videos are downgraded to 1080p?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31