Your thoughts on this drone switch

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Standard and a DJI Spark, both are like new, never crashed and function perfectly. I was heading to a really scenic park today to get some flying in and brought both drones. As I was carrying both drone cases I thought I love the spark because it is easier to carry but only has a 1080 video camera, and I love the P3S for its better video capabilities and smoother flight, if I put them both together I would have a Mavic, and maybe I should just sell both of these drones and buy a Mavic.
The P3S has original battery with about 55 charges on it, upgraded the phone holder to an Inspire type holder, carry case, remote, and charger. The Spark has remote control, 3 batteries, carry case, charger, extra props. and has been 100% perfect. Does it make sense to consolidate into one? Will I be able get near the price of a Mavic?

I am in the USA

Last edited:
Yes, it makes sense. The step up from P3S to Mavic is a quantum leap. you'll wonder why you waited.
the Spark, can't say, never flown one. The videos I've seen have been OK, but 1080p is a serious limiting factor.

Plus, with one drone, you can spend more on batteries.
I don't know where you are so can't comment on prices. In UK, we get stiffed on most things - drones included. The Mavic is going for around £1100 new or a bit less 2nd hand.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures